Hoping for a clear sky

Patrice

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
It has finally cleared up around here, although still colder than a witche's t*t. I'm hoping it stays clear at least through to midnight or there abouts so I can go play with my new toy - an 8" Newtonian telescope on an equatorial mount. First telescope I've ever owned.:D

Clear skies, Yeah I remember them!

well I hope you have fun with your 8 inches

Oooh just in time to catch Orion and the Orion Nebula! Not as impressive colours as with a large refractor but breathtaking just the same!

Congrats on the new scope! Hope you have better luck with the weather tham we are in th UK.

well I hope you have fun with your 8 inches

Why does it feel like this is not the right thing to say on Your-Friendly-Family-Forum :scratch: .........................................!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oooh just in time to catch Orion and the Orion Nebula! Not as impressive colours as with a large refractor but breathtaking just the same!

Congrats on the new scope! Hope you have better luck with the weather tham we are in th UK.

Had a fantastic view of the Orion Nebula, even had good separation of the four stars (trapezium ?) in the middle. Saturn was great. My little girl really liked the lunar crators. Should be clear tonight, hope to find some galaxies. The scope is not a goto so I'm having to learn my way around.

Why does it feel like this is not the right thing to say on Your-Friendly-Family-Forum :scratch: .........................................!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It could have been worse. Along the lines of, "with those eight inches the view of uranus will make your eyes water with joy".

Speaking of telescopes. When is this lunar eclipse thingy meant to be taking place?

And I've yet to use my telescope properly yet. It took me two years to use my Holga so another 12 months until I use the telescope. :mrgreen:
What's the best way to hunt planets like Saturn? In n00b language please.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back