Hoping for a little feedback. hopefully some good cc will help!

AMOMENT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have some atrocious crops and some flaws in my comp. as well as a few other things. I know with a few, I cut off some limbs and or elements of the scene that should have been entirely in there. Most of my DOF is unenhanced except for one where I possibly blurred the background a little too much. I tried to keep my subject as the priority of the photo by distancing the girl from the background ( at least 10-15 feet, and in some more) Hope everyone is well....

Also, the color is not off, the girl does have a red highlight in her hair :)

Titled "Lady In Green"

5-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

26-3.jpg

32-2.jpg

Number 3 is horrible, I know....=(

AMOMENT said:
Number 3 is horrible, I know....=(

I wouldn't say horrible. I'd take it and try some pp. A different crop and maybe work on the shadow. I'm not in front of a pc but I'm sure you can get to work on it to help some.

Thanks =) Well Macho, if you have any pp suggestions I'll take them while I try out some of my own...

Thanks =) Well Macho, if you have any pp suggestions I'll take them while I try out some of my own...

What BJ is alluding to not so cryptically is that you posted the same thread and photos twice.

I posted it in the wrong forum supposedly so I reposted it here. I will look to see if someone moved it before I noticed and reposted.

I guess she didn't like what she heard the first time!

lol, I didn't even see it. I had a pm telling me it posted in wrong place so I simply reposted here and figured it was deleted or something. I will go check the boards to see if it still exists as a duplicate.

My apologies as I see it was transferred here prior to my reposting it.

BTW, feedback was perfect ;)

Shots are over exposed in 1, 2 and 3. Especially in three. She has direct sun hitting her and it is way too bright. What time of day was this?

The shot I think had the most potential here was #4. Nice bit of interaction going on here. This looks candid and not forced. The light is better here. You need to watch how the light hits the subject and creates the shadows that will define the details. To bright and you lose the shadows. But the sad part is that #4 also had the worst framing issues. You totally chopped the basket your little girl is holding which is an integral component to the shot.

But I will give you some credit here. There is progress showing. Now you do progress rather slow but there is progress. Focus is getting better. Colors are nicer and a bit more vibrant. Now learn how to use your light a little better.

Here is an experiment for your. Find a spot you like and want to take pictures at. Then pose the person and take a pic. Then have them make a quarter turn and shot another picture, you stay in front of them. Do this for all directions, north, south, east and west. You will get a sense of how the light is falling on them .

Then read this.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/articles-interest/268210-guide-classic-portraiture.html

I agree, 1-3 are a little hot on the exposure. On picture 2, it appears to be a little soft on her face. I know you stated in your original post, but watch framing for sure!

Most reactions

Back