Horse 28

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Shot this earlier today. This morning was my first attempt and far from my last. I had a blast and they are the fascinating creatures that I expected them to be. This is my favorite. I am not sure if the fence is too distracting. I was also thinking of a tighter crop. I will post more in the general gallery

Nikon D1 ƒ3.5 @ 1/80 sec 26mm focal length cloudy+2 white balance.

horse281rs.jpg

I like this, the fence lines lead to the horse's eye, which is the focal point... I think it's an interesting, and cleverly composed shot!

Thanks! The horses were very curious to say the least. I was hoping this one would be a good shot. These guys were moving around a lot. I am suprised I got even one good photo.

Great shot! The photograph shows the horse expression, and the friendly feeling when you look at the eye. I don't think the fence is distracting, because the fence is the environment of the horse and it's important to photograph too. This close up shot is great. Nice shot!

craig said:
Thanks!!! I am glad you said that because I think he is smiling at me.
I think he is, too. :) Horses are intelligent, friendly, inquisitive, mischievous creatures - and somehow you've captured it all here with this fella, who is simply doing what he had to do to get a peek at you. :heart:

I love this shot. I don't find the fence detracting and I think this crop is close enough; much more and it might become distorted. It's fabulous, just the way it is!

I keep scrolling down to take another peek, and that bright eye checking you out just cracks me up every time. :thumbup: Wonderful!

I think the whole composition works very well craig, without the fence it would'nt be half as interesting, it gives it a sort of peeping effect, quite amusing too! great work, and if you'll excuse the pun, good eye!!! :)

Many thanks!!! I am glad the fence is unanimous at this point. The fence caught my eye in the thumbnail when I got back. After a million different crops I was undecided about the whole photo. That is when I posted it.

Printing the shot will be the next challenge.

Yeah, it's not that the fence is distracting, compositionally, but that it's the highest contrast thing in the frame. So it does sort of take your eye away from the subject, even though it also works to guide it.

I'd expiriment shooting tighter, and also look for more interesting light. This looks kind of flat to me. Nice start though, and keep at it. I don't know what lenses you have available, but consider trying something tighter as well.

I'm with Terri! This is wonderful and I love it. The horse has so much character. I love the fence leading to the eye. It's makes me giggle too.

It's all about the giggles!!! Thanks elsaspet. Thanks for your crit as well Robert. This was shot in the shadows around 7 am. The light was non existent. I can tell I will have to carefully scope out my locations. Thankfully a lot of people have horses around here, so hopefully I will figure something out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back