Horse and Rider

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
15041661984_e187d84128_o.jpg

f4, ISO 3200, 1/640

Taken under the floodlights, so a bit of an odd colour to things.

Any comments/crits welcome

Heh I think its more that he's out in some cold wind waiting whilst wearing shorts.

Technically the rider was inside or over by the listing board and he was left out holding the horse.

Aye that it is - though for some reason I'm hitting a blank wall on adjusting the composition. I think its because I'm very used to dealing with one primary subject and even where animals have presented two key subjects I've found it easier to "choose" which I want to promote. With this I kind of have two subjects which are almost of equal weight in the shot so trying to balance both ends up with me trying to make both the focal point (and ergo dead centering things)

Aye that it is - though for some reason I'm hitting a blank wall on adjusting the composition. I think its because I'm very used to dealing with one primary subject and even where animals have presented two key subjects I've found it easier to "choose" which I want to promote. With this I kind of have two subjects which are almost of equal weight in the shot so trying to balance both ends up with me trying to make both the focal point (and ergo dead centering things)

Because the horse is larger Try cropping just a bit off the left of the picture, effectively moving the horse to the left so that its head is nearly center, and the himan is nearer the center. If you think of the center as being a fulcrum then the horse is leveraged out. Which seems counter intuitive, but is actually balancing the weight the human minds eye gives to a human figure. Poor explanation, I know, but its all I can do. Best just try it and compare side by side to see the effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back