Horse C &C

mc1979

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought I'd post a pic of this beautiful horse for some C & C. I did a crop to try and follow the rule of thirds, not sure if I pulled that off to well. Are the shadows across his face too much? Overall, how's composition?
Thanks,
Mel

Jake-0034 by mchatham79, on Flickr

haha, no he had four, and I noticed that too, not sure how that happened? I am assuming it would have been the position I was standing?

haha, no he had four, and I noticed that too, not sure how that happened?
Pretty simple, you've aligned the shot according to the horse's head, not the horizon. Pretty common thing if you don't think about the composition of a shot too much.

I dont think you really followed the rule of thirds at all here. The horse is pretty much dead smack in the middle. Notice gsgary's link to the photo he took, horses eye and nose are nicely placed according to rule of thirds.

Given the crop, I'll assume that there's lots of image to correct both the tilt and the position of the horse within the image. I would spend a little more time trying to adjust the exposure of the image. Next time, avoid shooting into the sun if at all possible.

Most reactions

Back