What's new

Horse Race By Deon Hamilton

Joined
Aug 9, 2013
Messages
463
Reaction score
358
Location
New Zealand
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please how and what should i do to improve this sort of shot

$1491478_10153632514370548_572453726_o.webp
 
I think the second one is better with some blur in the background. The right edge is too close to the horse's legs. You have to think about what subject are you shooting at. If you want to shoot the jockey and a horse, you have to isolate them first before shooting. If you want to shoot multiple jockeys and horses, you have to zoom out and get the right composition. Take as many pictures as you can and think about you eyes on the subject.
 
Slooowww down that shutter and pan with the horses. You'll get a better sense of speed. And seriously, the name in every thread title is a bit annoying.
 
Okay folks - regardless of what you think of the OP placing his name in the thread, it doesn't violate any rules. Please CEASE and DESIST with the remarks about his name. Thank-you!

OP: Please note that while placing your name in the thread title is not a violation of any rules, posts which can be interpreted as deliberately inflammatory are! Please refrain from any further taunts or jibes.
 
I like the first and the third.

The first one gives me a sense of the green jockey pulling away from the pack. It might have been better showing a little bit more of the pack on the right, but I still like it.

I like the 3d better than the 2d. With the horses' legs bent, there's much more of a sense of speed. And while I think I've heard that it's usually better to not have people in the background for shots like this, the one spectator in orange really adds to it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom