What's new

Horse Track Panorama

cornetlord

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
51
Reaction score
9
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Untitled_Panorama1.webp

I'm really working on getting crisp evening pictures.

Comments welcome!
 
Not too bad dude!!!! I think maybe going for more of the lights and less grass would also be an option. I bet this looks pretty good when seen large!!! Judging by how good it looks down-rezzed to only 293 k I bet it's pretty awesome at full-rez!
 
I agree with Derrel, point the camera up a bit. I'd like to see the tops of all the lights. Cloning out the flare would also reduce distractions. Other than that, a cool picture! I like the way the floodlights create shaped beams.
 
I totally agree with you but here is the deal...I am a paramedic and was working the races that night....I had no tripod and was using a wooden fence as my tripod...it was nighttime and I wanted to shoot at ISO 100...So i couldn't hold the camera...I used the 2 second self timer delay as to avoid any movement on the camera....I will be taking my tripod up next time for sure but the season is over and I won't be able to until next spring :( How does this look.

$Untitled_Panorama1.webp

The full image is 5 shots stitched together.. The detail is so good that with the fullsized images you can zoom in and count the people in the club house across the track.
 
Depending on your software, aiming the camera up may cause excessive keystoning the software has problems with.

This is why I shoot in portrait orientation.... this allows me to keep the horizon level and in the center of each frame. Then I can crop out what I don't want in the final stitch.
 
I can only imagine if I had shot this in portrait how large the finished file would have been. I think my computer would have exploded just trying to stitch that together. I really like shooting panoramas in portrait because it gives me so much more to work with and this would have been such a better image. It was a spur of the moment shot and it isn't the best thats for sure.... Any tips for color or light adjustments or does it work like this?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom