Horses' Eyes

AlexisSuzanneFotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a horseback rider and often take my camera to the stable with me. These are a few shots that I found interesting, all focused on the eye of the horse. C&C is welcome and appreciated.

5960353689826941382.jpg

2. I found this one interesting - this was a rescued mare that had been severely abused and misused by her previous owners. Her eye seems to reflect pain, yet hope.
IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

4. And this one - color or B&W?
5960353689826941832.jpg

5960353689826941831.jpg

Last edited:
They all seem slightly overexposed. #2 is nice but that stray hair is very distracting to me.

ill start off saying a great job in trying to convey a story in your pictures, i see that you tried, next, change the exposure in a processing program,they are all wayy overexpossed, the colors are washed out, my main issue is you're taking pictures of a horse, and id like to see the horse as WELL as the eye which the focus can be on, these photos are kind of plain IMO because they dont really take in the whole aspect of the horse and are very close and don't portray much, not enough to look at, either you go full blown in and only the eye, or you back out with the focus on the eye

Thanks so much for the advice! I'm trying to edit out the overexposure in Photoshop, but I'm pretty new at it.

See if you can crop #2 all the way down to just the eye. It might be cool to see what is in the reflection.

Most reactions

Back