Horses

We have an arab/qh cross, don't know percentages of what. But I'd say more arab than qh...he's somethin else. Sweet as he can be, but into everything he's not sposta be into.

JL - That's definately an arab trait :lol: they are into anything and everything and suspicious as anything :mrgreen: thus the name Suspicion :lol:

Here are a few I have.

200666-R1-04-5A-1.jpg

200666-R1-09-10A.jpg

200666-R1-03-4A-1.jpg

8032-R1-22-23A.jpg

200666-R1-05-6A.jpg

Ughhhh what a weekend, Daughters horse colic'd and had to have surgery Thursday night. Wasn't a normal colic, he had an intestinal stone that was formed around some string that probably came from a feed sack. We've had the horse since April. Vet said most likely since these things take years to form around somethin that's swollowed, he probably ate the string when he was a baby or yearling.
2006-09-15-027-Visitation.jpg

This is the day after surgery. My daughter visitin him. He has an IV for fluids and pain medication. He wasn't feelin too hot at the moment.....

They let her in his stall today, he's doin much better, drinkin and eatin on his own now. Still hasta stay at the vets for another week tho.
2006-09-18-008-Lovin-TP.jpg

Friend of ours loaned her a horse to ride at a barrel race Friday and Saturday.....wow she had two great runs!!!
Amanda-n-Star.jpg

Post pictures of your horses, others horses, snap shots, fine art, lets see what you have. I'll start......

171801552_A4pAt-L.jpg

The Theme "Horses" has been here for 4 years, so I merged your new thread, short5, with the existing one.
And in order not only to do the merge, but also contribute to the theme, I dug deep into my archives and found this one photo taken in July 2006 (which could ALSO go under the theme "Sky", if I wanted it to, I think :D)...

PferdeHimmel.jpg

... and this one taken in February 2007.

Pferde.jpg

Does it tell that I don't photograph horses too often??? ;)

Thank you for correcting things though I did think my title was catchier :p Four years and 20 something posts, that is weak at best. Not enough horse people here or they are missing the thread. Oh well thanks for digging out your horse shots we'll see if it takes off again.

Another from the same day.
312137188_DtwDQ-L.jpg

Well, if I were to REALLY start digging, going through my print albums from the pre-digital times, I ought to be able to come up with a lot more horse photos. There sure are some in my collection! But it's not like I owned a horse or were into horseback riding, so my contacts are limited to seeing them in their paddocks behind the fence...

I did the digging 'cause I knew I had these somewhere, taken in April of 2005, so they are really old (and they're scanned prints, not even scanned negatives, so forgive me the quality in which they now show)

FohlenMamas_Apr2005_1.jpg

FohlenMamas_Apr2005_2.jpg

FohlenMamas_Apr2005_3.jpg

FohlenMamas_Apr2005_4.jpg

FohlenMamas_Apr2005_5.jpg

I don't know how young these foals were but they looked very young to me. There were at least five horse mommies and their young out there on that day. Too cute a sight to drive past and NOT stop for some photos! :D

Hey thanks for the effort and lovely pictures:) I could go on at length with horse pictures but don't want to make it a gallery. I'll give it the occasional bump in the form of a picture and see if there are any horse photographers out there.~Zane

171811417_c2oyv-L.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, I love horses! I miss my Cochise-- I had to sell him when I went away to college. Really old crappy photos/scans (I wasn't into photography at that time) but I have to show him off anyway.

Cochise, probably just a few years old:
pets10.jpg

Cochise being retarded:
pets4.jpg

I work with a therapeutic riding program called Horses Help. We teach handicapped children and adults principles of riding, and this helps to improve any number of behavioral and physical weaknesses. These photos were taken shortly after I started volunteering there, so again, not the best quality:

The horse is Gabby, I'm coaching, and Mariana is leading:
HorsesHelp011E1.jpg

Brandi (the evil pony), with some chick I don't know sidewalking, Mariana leading, and me coaching:
HorsesHelp067.jpg

Mariana sweet-talking Slick:
HorsesHelp100.jpg

One of my favorite students on Brandi:
HorsesHelp175.jpg

Same student "walking" Brandi in from the lesson:
HorsesHelp214e.jpg

A higher functioning student walking Babe in from her lesson:
HorsesHelp218.jpg

Random shot of Gabby:
HorsesHelp071.jpg

Then for some more recently taken pictures, I've got Fort Huachuca's B-Troop out on 4th of July. These are completely unedited (not quite sure what to do with the terribly distracting background even if I did edit them), but still kinda cool.

Jonathon062.jpg

Jonathon069.jpg

And, ooooh, that feels good!
Jonathon072.jpg

(He just had his bridle taken off after the company presented)

So many terrible photographs, but so many great subjects :)

I love horses, great subjects to shoot.. i mean photograph!

here's a few from a while back.

img021-pp-r.jpg

img007-pp-r.jpg

3. I need to fix this one, looks like something weird at the right side.
img019-pp-r.jpg

Virginia Gold Cup.

1:
HorseEnglishRider.jpg

Horse Play. This is a pretty old image.
2:
_Horsesplaying.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back