Hott Sexy Chick c&c

TheKingDavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:lmao::lol::drool:

so heres a pic of a hot sexy chick, C&C please :)

ac79ms.jpg

Title was good bait huh? =D

Oh and yes i know i broke the rule of 3rds, i was just trying to catch a good picture because this little guy moved fast

Cute- I think the main issue though is the missed focus. The face/beak area is soft, but the left foot is sharp. As with people, always try and get the eyes of animals to be sharp.

Yeah, it would have been a lot better if it wasn't so much OOF.

haha, i tried, i cant figure out how to sharpen up the left side.

Would be so much better if the Chick was old enough you pedo! :)

There's nothing to sharpen. Out of focus is out of focus. Even though you were using a relatively small aperture, you were so close to the subject that you had almost no DoF. Here's the data:

"AF-A at 38cm, with a depth of field of about 2.3cm (from about 11mm before the focus point to about 12mm after)"

In plain English; you had less than one inch of depth in that capture which was acceptably sharp. Remember that the closer you get the less DoF you have, and that you're often better to zoom out somewhat and crop to the subject to preservce DoF rather than zoom in too tightly and risk (as in this case) having a critical part of the image rendered well out of focus.

There's nothing to sharpen. Out of focus is out of focus. Even though you were using a relatively small aperture, you were so close to the subject that you had almost no DoF. Here's the data:

"AF-A at 38cm, with a depth of field of about 2.3cm (from about 11mm before the focus point to about 12mm after)"

In plain English; you had less than one inch of depth in that capture which was acceptably sharp. Remember that the closer you get the less DoF you have, and that you're often better to zoom out somewhat and crop to the subject to preservce DoF rather than zoom in too tightly and risk (as in this case) having a critical part of the image rendered well out of focus.

Oh, another day, another lesson.

Whats the thing in quotations, is that an example, or the actual stats?

That is the depth of field from this image - the actual stats.

That is the depth of field from this image - the actual stats.

Call me a noob, but how the heck did you do that?

You're a n00b!

;)

There's a whole raft of data embedded in digital images known as EXIF data. Depending on the camera and processing, it can tell you a LOT about the picture. Here's a link to an on-line EXIF data viewer. Just paste the URL of the image into the box and it will tell you a little or a lot about an image:

Jeffery's on-line EXIF Viewer

As well, if you Google "Depth of Field Tables" you will find all sorts of calculators which will tell you with great accuracy what amount of a shot will be in focus under a given set of conditions. You can also buy/downloads applications for almost all Smartphones and PDAs which will give you this information.

Nice sharp feet. Need nice sharp face. As mentioned there's little to be done but use it as a learning experience. Also there's more uninteresting empty space than you need...closer or cropped would be nice.

I actually opened this expecting the chicken. If it would have been a female human I'd have been completely shocked!

It's a cute picture, but it's been said earlier, the background is kind of distracting and the face is a little out of focus.

On the other hand it makes me want to pick him up and kiss him!

Cute- I think the main issue though is the missed focus. The face/beak area is soft, but the left foot is sharp. As with people, always try and get the eyes of animals to be sharp.

I agree with this...I also think its too bad you cut off his shadow. But since you did... Maybe a re-crop using a 1:1 aspect ratio?

ac79ms.jpg

Oh and remember there is not "rules" to photography there more like a set of guidelines....

Most reactions

Back