What's new

Houmas House Plantation in Convent, LA

Theantiquetiger

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
302
Reaction score
126
Location
Baton Rouge
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is an old antebellum home not far from me. Unfortunately, it was closed when I got there early this morning, but was able to snap this through the front gate.
13654d1318001835-plantation-homes-church-convent-la-homous1small.jpg
 
Ive seen millions of photos and have a lousy memory. But I have seen this photo before or at least, the same shot taken from the same place. Very symmetrical but wish the whole white posts were visible and not cropped on the ends. Other than that nice shot. Can you tell me what is on the roof? Is it a place to walk around on since it looks like a fence.
 
I think there is just some latice work up there. I've never been here before but plan to go back when they are open. As for seeing the same shot, may plantation homes have this same look.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom