smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Like both, prefer b+w

Smoke, those are both wonderful. You can really fill a frame my brother, you never cease to amaze me. For me, the color is more engaging due to the stop sign being the opposite color of the green foliage. Plus it is the stopping point in the captured moment, placed in the thirds area. So you stop, look, enjoy, explore. The blue color on the roof of the plantation house match's a security light on top of the street lamp, then that monster base trunk of a tree forces you back to where you started. This is a very keen capture and I suspect you set it up this way. Well done. Nominated POTM

@jcdeboever thank you my friend. I was driving and things hadn't registered till I actually pulled up to that stop sign. When the light went on. I backed up, parked, walked across the street, framed the shot, three shot bracket I'm done. I had to crop a little more on the right then I wanted because of parked vehicles.

@jcdeboever thank you my friend. I was driving and things hadn't registered till I actually pulled up to that stop sign. When the light went on. I backed up, parked, walked across the street, framed the shot, three shot bracket I'm done. I had to crop a little more on the right then I wanted because of parked vehicles.

Excellent. That is what I would do. Sometimes the best image is the one you see and don't drive away from. Sales is the same way, you see a customer and know you should stop there, drive away and you miss a sale. I'm serious as a heart attack..

@jcdeboever I'm sorry I didn't realize you had nominated this for POTM earlier, I'm really humbled. Thank you.

If you haven't visited St Augustine you should, as it is a photographer's dream. The opportunities are everywhere. We were here 4 years ago, and I'm still finding new photo opps.

I would prefer a shift to the right, more of the house, frame out the stop sign.

colour all the way. Nice.
I would crop a smidge of the bottom to give more of a landscape feel, but thats just me.

Great frame spotting skills. A much underestimated weapon in a photogs arsenal.

I would prefer a shift to the right, more of the house, frame out the stop sign.

Left and right crops are at their max. There's an ugly utility box on the left, and several vehicles on the right. I really wanted more on the right as those massive limbs eventually bowed down toward the ground, but sometimes you get what you can.

I would crop a smidge of the bottom to give more of a landscape feel, but thats just me.

Thank you for the kind words and comments. I tried a version with more off the bottom but felt like it took away to from the feeling of depth I was looking for.

Left and right crops are at their max. There's an ugly utility box on the left, and several vehicles on the right. I really wanted more on the right as those massive limbs eventually bowed down toward the ground, but sometimes you get what you can.

Thank you for the kind words and comments. I tried a version with more off the bottom but felt like it took away to from the feeling of depth I was looking for.

Color works best for me. Great leading lines and framing. Looks like it might need just a smidge of leveling though. Really nice scene.

Color works best for me. Great leading lines and framing. Looks like it might need just a smidge of leveling though. Really nice scene.

Compared to what Dean? The trees are leaning right toward the street, The street had a substantial crown and the house is like 200 years old and didn't look plumb in real life.:ambivalence: if i print it, I'll double check it

Most reactions

Back