House Finch

Thanks! A little darker than I wanted, but it was very overcast. It looks nice on my 4K screen. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! A little darker than I wanted, but it was very overcast. It looks nice on my 4K screen.
emoji846.png

At our old house we had a screened in deck with feeders hanging from the eaves. We were entertained daily by the antics of these colorful little birds. They can also be quite vocal.

A couple suggestions as you start editing more. First if you haven't done it yet, calibrate your monitor, so WYSIWYG. There are several hardware/software options out there that work really well. Datacolor and X-rite both have products for well under $200 that will assure your monitor is calibrated correctly. Second, learning to set the White point and Black point is key to making an image pop.

Thanks! A little darker than I wanted, but it was very overcast. It looks nice on my 4K screen.
emoji846.png

At our old house we had a screened in deck with feeders hanging from the eaves. We were entertained daily by the antics of these colorful little birds. They can also be quite vocal.

A couple suggestions as you start editing more. First if you haven't done it yet, calibrate your monitor, so WYSIWYG. There are several hardware/software options out there that work really well. Datacolor and X-rite both have products for well under $200 that will assure your monitor is calibrated correctly. Second, learning to set the White point and Black point is key to making an image pop.

Thank you! As time permits, I’ll start looking at how I can effectively process the photos to make them look better.

They are definitely a beautiful little bird. We have had a pair the past couple years that visit the shrubbery outside one of the living room windows, so I am able to sit and enjoy them without scaring them. I think they like hiding in there and finding the insects that also like hiding there.

Nice shot, it's a very pretty bird. What software are you using to process your pics?

I just subscribed to the Adobe LR+PS package. Now to learn what it does, and how to use it. [emoji846]

They are definitely a beautiful little bird. We have had a pair the past couple years that visit the shrubbery outside one of the living room windows, so I am able to sit and enjoy them without scaring them. I think they like hiding in there and finding the insects that also like hiding there.

I have a dual bird feeder with black oil sunflower seeds and cracked corn. It provides a steady supply of subjects, as long as my Daisy doesn’t worry them. Sparrows, finches, cardinals, cowbirds, and doves. There is also a Carolina Wren that visits, and a family of barn swallows living on the patio. A few days ago there were some grackles, but the dogs scared them off before I could get the camera.

great detail in the feathers. try to shoot a bit brighter. when you brighten a photo in editing you'll introduce noise. if you darken a photo no noise is added.

great detail in the feathers. try to shoot a bit brighter. when you brighten a photo in editing you'll introduce noise. if you darken a photo no noise is added.

Thank you for the tip!

Most reactions

Back