House on the marsh

dylanstraub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been very fortunate to live near a lot of salt marshes in my town (New Castle DE). Because we are on a migratory route for a lot of birds you can usually see lots of birds on the marsh or the Delaware River. I was at a marsh looking for herons when I saw this house off in the distance. I shot this in RAW and did the post processing in Adobe Elements. I did a second post processing in an IOS app called Snapseed (Nik Software). It's a pretty cool piece of software that allowed me to create the vintage colors and texture. I'd appreciate feedback if you are so inclined.

$7304126850_ea59a592f1_b.jpg

It's moody and mysterious. Not sure I like the house at dead center or so little of it to see, but it adds to the mystery. Are the scratches in the sky meant to mimic a distressed old print? The color feels old, which I suppose is intended.

I do tend to put my subject in the center but I shot several and this was the only one that didn't have phragmites in the way. The colors and texture came from the snap seed IOS app. And yeah I intended to make this picture very moody and old looking. It was not very compelling as I shot it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back