household injury

What's the most painfull household injury you've had?

• Banging your coxix (monkeytail bone) in the bath

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tripping on shoes left on the stairs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've stubbed my toe a few too many times but only one time did I actually think I broke it. It was black and blue for a few days. Couldn't tie my shoe.

Speaking of flash burn...

A new family moved in directly across the street from us several months before Christmas. Shortly after they arrived, one of them pranged their big expensive 4x4. Apparently they're not insured, because Mr Hero has been out fixing it for months now. It's great, especially when your other half has a 6am start, and him and his boozy buddies are out all night with the hammer, the power tools, and (one of them at least) the mobile phone that never stops ringing... :spank:

Anyways... couple of weeks ago, Mr Hero was out, on his own, doing his thing with the welder and the angle grinder. Mr Hero is obviously real big on safety measures - he was wearing a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and nothing else. No shoes, no eye protection, no ear protection, nothing!

So there he is, in all his non-existent safety gear, merrily welding away on the poor old tank. Next thing we know, he's yelping and holding a hand to his face in agony. He rushed inside, still yelping. About 10 minutes later he's out again, back to the welding, holding a wet teatowel to his burnt face - it must have just missed his eye. :pirate:

We've now dubbed him Super Hero.

The welding flash will have got him as it only tends to show the signs quite a few hours later, as stated before. If he's managed to escape it he's been very lucky

Back in the days when i was a young guy living on base, we had reading lamps above our bed head. I remember one morning, waking up and stretching when "BZZZZZZZT ZAP" one by index finger straight into a light globe socket which was still switched on! Damn that didn't tickle.

Also remember making a chemical cocktail out of cleaning products trying to clean the toilets in the block (120 blokes using 8 toilets will give you a clue as to the state of the bowls). Ended up vomiting, breathing probs and passed out for a half hour. But, i had 2 days off work :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back