Houston Downtown

blatalllic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went out last night to take pics of Downtown, Houston. First time taking pictures at night...Drove around with my tripod taking pics....Let me know what you guys think...C & C welcomed!!! Im here to learn.....

MAINST.jpg

Info: f/5.6 S/P: 20/10sec FP: 14mm ISO: 200

Downtown.jpg

Info: f/5.6 S/P: 20/10sec FP: 32mm ISO: 200

Litted.jpg

Info: f/8 S/P: 1/1sec FP: 45mm ISO: 200

LonelyStreet.jpg

Info: f/13 S/P: 1/1sec FP: 21mm ISO: 200

Bump for any opinions???:mrgreen:

I like them, the first one if my favorite. The only thing I dont like it how dark the last one is. The only way you can tell what it is, is the sign. Other than that they are great shots.

Thank you so much for your opinion.....I see what your saying about the last one...hmm

I like number 3 the most.

Number 2 has potential, I think it's a bit under exposed. I would try a smaller aperture to get longer exposure times for longer car light trails, and also the smaller aperture may give the building lights a little more "twinkle" effect.

i think im partial to the first one...like the lines of the trolly tracks, and the difference in height of the buildings leading through the shot!!

#2 is just a little to dark for me and #4 just doesnt seem like theres enough light in the shot, keep wanting to see whats over to the right...maybe a crop would fix that...

well done and keep shooting
garrentee

I like the first one best. Most of them could be a little sharper. I have been told that when doing night shots, to set the aperture to something like f/14, and even to f/22 and expose even longer than what you have here. That really brings in some nice light effects, but be careful not to overexpose. Sometimes, I set the exposure meter to as much as 1 full stop underexposed so that the steet lights are not too blown out, then I play around with the levels in PS afterward. Experiment with the settings in Manual mode and keep trying. Very nice job overall though!

By the way, good idea to bump your post! Have to let people know you want comments. :)

Thanks guys....I appreciate all your comments and advise.....

I'll keep the tips in mind and go out again...Maybe tonight....The more pics the better....

I played around some more with number 4....Took the advise and I see how its to dark...

BWMainStreet.jpg

I like this one a bit more

I have a shot from about that exact vantage point of your first one from back in January! :lol:

When I do night shots, I tend to have better luck with a smaller aperture and a longer shutter speed. :)

I like what you did with number 4 alot! At first I was thinking it was a underground subway area, when I looked at the second one I realized what it was!

Thanks Guys....

Its raining today so I cant go out a take more pics.....

Hmm Maybe some rain pics!!!

Most reactions

Back