What's new

Hover School!

gravy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Location
Edmonton, AB
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so, I was back in the town that I went to high school in this weekend, which is also home to a military training base... who knew you could just drive around and take pictures?!

caught this chinook just hovering with my 55-200VR. C&C please!!

490378586_1bafca1902.jpg


490378670_367232f795.jpg
 
Neat shot! Not really something I'd say is easy to get a truly good picture of, though.

Only suggestions I can think of that might help this shot a bit, is maybe a bump in contrast and possibly saturation.

It's also a good idea to put your horizon line somewhere other than the very center of the picture...try and place it 1/3 of the way up or down the picture (rule of thirds).
 
and also wait for the chopper to not be cutting through the horizon line maybe.
 
thanks for the comments guys!
 
You should have used a slower shutter speed so that the rotors really look like they're moving, you can barely tell as is.
 
I tried that! it was really bright!!

1/80 (shutter priority)
f25
iso200

491726957_4fb6a0b88f.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom