Hovering Osprey.

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_3405-Edit-1.jpg

Great capture, he/she has their eye on prey.

Great capture, he/she has their eye on prey.
Thanks and no dive.

I love when they just park before launching! great shot. :)
Thanks, yes me to and been waiting years to see the dive for the fish thats not 200 hundred yards away and hopefully capture the sequence of it.it moved on to a second part of the pond out of my site.

I like that!

Thanks, yes me to and been waiting years to see the dive for the fish thats not 200 hundred yards away and hopefully capture the sequence of it.it moved on to a second part of the pond out of my site.

Very nice shot! Hoping to capture that someday too.

Last fall, I watched something spectacular. Stopped by a local osprey nest to take my lunch break. There were 3 young ones and they were scattered in various perches near the nest. Another photographer was leaving, because nothing was happening. Just then, the parents flew in screeching at them. They followed to a nearby pond. We just looked at each other, and ran! We got front row seats to 5 ospreys diving! It had to be a training mission, because no fish were caught, and several had difficulty getting out after hitting the water.

Did the best I could with the gear I had, but not worthy of posting. Unless someone really wants to see them. The other guy got some awesome shots. Feel lucky to have witnessed it. Better gear, more knowledge and probably won't get a second chance. I'll keep trying.

This osprey is diving straight down into the water. I took it last summer. He caught two fish at the same time.
Osprey Diving Into The Water After A Fish.JPG

Here he is with the two fish.
Osprey Carrying 2 Fish Photo 2-2.JPG

Great shot! I love that weird hovering they do.

My cool story about ospreys happened at Nisqually down by Olympia, WA. An osprey dove and grabbed a fish and immediately started getting harassed by two bald eagles. As the osprey flew higher, one of the eagles flew right at the osprey from above, the osprey dropped the fish and the other eagle swooped down and caught it out of midair as it fell.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back