How are those shoot achieved?

okwori12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Going through some pictures, i found those great studio shoot. Please forgive my question but how can i achieve something like this?

***I removed the photos due to our copyright policy. Please add them as links -Squarepeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I´m sure some admin will soon warn you that it is not allowed to post pictures that are not yours due to copyright issues. So I´d rather link to them than upload them.
Other than that: you need studio lighting (flash with softbox, shoot through umbrellas and the like) for this kind of look. Image nr.1 and especially image nr.2 have a lot of makeup too. Well, and then you need some experience with photographing people. But that comes with practice.

Sorry about that. Is actually a shoot from my friend studio. Next time i will use a link instead of the picture. Thanks

Sorry about that. Is actually a shoot from my friend studio. Next time i will use a link instead of the picture. Thanks
Ask your friend.
It all comes down to controlling light and creating shadows. Of course after posing and makeup too. A hairlight would help.

You may want to provide the links now as an admin is going to delete them as they are not yours to post.

on my computer now. Have the 3 pics on my phone still.
There are 3 distinct uses of background .. not in any particular order
1 - lady white top, totally black background. Looking at the shadows probably one diffused light in upper left a bit. No hairlight as hair blends into the black background which is probably a good distance back as it's not there.
2 - lady in red top with makeup on eyelids. background is lit in the middle creating separation between the subject and the background. One light on left at prob 45 degrees, and one on right probably at shoulder level. If you look at the shadows you can figure out where the lights are and are not. ie, deep shadow in right hand palm and also at base of neck.
3 - last at some event. There is a normal background though in OOF. So a shallow depth of field/aperture used. Reflection off of her forehead so I'm going to guess just window light in contrast to the others which were set up shots.

If you look at the eyes in 1 & 3 you can see the light being used. It's too small and fuzzy on my phone but 3 - looks like a window. 1 - some umbrella/difuser maybe.

You can probably get exact descriptions from your friend.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back