What's new

How Can I Improve This

lucypaddydog

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
45
Reaction score
2
Location
UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really like this picuture but how can I improve it. I live on a boat so I have lots of 'water' snaps, so I thought I would ask for your constructive feedback, I know it can be made better, maybe making it a bit darker using photoshop?

day%20011%20%289%29.JPG


The one below is OK, I tried to get the reflection but it looks kind of 'mushy' and I wonder if the colours should be darkened a bit?

Trip%20to%20Wales%20%2851%29.JPG


The last one was snapped off the bridge when we stopped at Norbury Junction and I dont think I got this right, but thats just me, it still looks a bit 'BLUE', maybe I should crop the bottom off, where you can see the bridge??

DSC00327.JPG
 
Turn the first one B+W just had a look at it and it looked quite dramatic
 
Like this? I added a bit of Contrast and lowered the brightness too

(by the way, how do change @do not edit my photos, so someone can show me?)

day%20011%20%289%29a.jpg
 
The bw is much better. As far as changing the editing options, you can go into your profile and there is the option in there to change to ok to edit.
 
On number one - Deeper shadows, slightly brighter highlights, and a little more saturation will make the photo pop. The second needs more of the same, but not as much, and the third would look good slightly darker and with part of the bridge cut off - a little there adds more depth to the shot.
 
I love number one, whether its in color or not. Its a cool shot.

But, I wanna see some photos of your boat! Sounds pretty awesome to live on a boat!
 
ag7463 I will sort out some snaps of the boat and put them in my gallery or on my picassa site, because I dont want to bore everyone by putting them is a thread, so you can see them, I will do it tonight as I am supposed to be getting the boat ready for our trip from Nantwich Shropshire to Liverpool. We will be away for the next 5 weeks so I hope to be taking some snaps on the trip and the Liver Buildings at night. When we come back I will be popping over to Malta to see the family and then when I get back we will taking the boat upto Derby and Nottingham to see my daughter for a month or two, then we are going down to Oxford and Banbury so I hope to have some really good subjects over the summer of the places we visit and some nice ones of the boat.

Just added some of the boat for you in one of the ablums in my picassa web page, you can get the link below and choose OUR BOAT, there are some more of the boat in the Album called BRITSH CANALS
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom