How can tell a story with an image of just feet??

pez91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, this is my first post here, i have recently begun a photography assignment in University, my task is to tell a story showing only feet. Now i could use the usual cliche's like two people kissing or feet entangled under bed sheets, but i wanted to try something different. So far all i have is an image of my feet and my friends feet with only three shoes. The missing shoe was floating down a river after drunken night out.

Do you guys have any advice or suggestions? Would love your opinions. Pez

I'd say someone wearing a pair of old, well used shoes propped up and relaxing could imply lots of use/walking/travel/stories. Or someone walking in sand and include the footprints behind them, if you've got a beach nearby.

Just my quick initial thoughts.

If you had access to a nude beach sign and some sand you could have the feet in that "I do not want to be naked" toes pointed in look, with the nude beach sign in the background.:lol:

Ha, i can actualy envisage that. would be good. unfortunatly i have neither a nude beach sign or any sand. The old shoe idea could work, for some reason i can picture that in black and white?

Feet of a small kid standing on a kid stool in front of a refrigerator and trying to reach higher.

"White refrigerator, colorful kid stool and feet"

Tell a story with feet? Easy. Get a sharpie, write down a story on the feet, take a picture.

I'ma genius!

You need to locate the "Big Foot" in the wood first.:lol:

Last edited:
Feet of a small kid standing on a kid stool in front of a refrigerator and trying to reach higher.

"White refrigerator, colorful kid stool and feet"

I like that, could give it a go.

A friend had an idea with a prosthetic leg and some sort of military theme to it. im not so sure?

This actually sounds like a pretty easy assignment, wish my assignments were so cut-and-dry sometimes.

try to think of something bigger, something more close to home.

Like domestic violence for example. that would be easy to tell a story with feet if it's just got to be one print.

That had crossed my mind, but i felt that was a little cliche too. im thinkin something more subtle yet intriguing. i jus cant think of anything but i know what i want. i had an idea of boots with bullet shells lay next to them? any thoughts?

I like the idea of writing, "Once upon a time..." on a foot. It's simple, easy, fits the theme, and satisfies my smart ass side with a bit of humor. Good call, VI.

Yeh i could give it a go, what would you have as the setting? the setting has to suggest something adventurous with the once upon a time line.

Most reactions

Back