How could I have made this better?

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went by the cemetery where my daddy is buried yesterday. I wanted to get a picture of his headstone (im kinda upset with my mom, that after 8 1/2 years she still hasn't gotten a REAL headstone) He died when I was 14.

As soon as I got there it started raining, so I was very rushed....plus I had my 2 kids in the car and my 2 year old was freaking out since I didnt get him out. (I was like 3 feet from the car...don't worry :) )

With it being flat, on the ground, I don't know how I could have composed this better. Next time I think I will close the aperture down a bit and get more of his name in focus. And maybe get a simple bouquet of flowers to place by it.

Anyway...here it is. C&C please!

e890c386.jpg

and just throwing this one in too...i dont know if I like it or not...

2f6967d6.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. I like the first picture and agree, a greater depth of field would help. Maybe take a small pair of scissors to trim the grass around the stone.
The second picture looks very cold (B&W tends to do that), I'm not sure that is how you would want to remember it, try using colour on that image. JMHO

Andy

I like them both. Playing with your new lens, huh? Don't you just love the sharpness? I like the shallow DOF on the first one but I think the second would have been a bit better if there was more in focus.

I like them both. Playing with your new lens, huh? Don't you just love the sharpness? I like the shallow DOF on the first one but I think the second would have been a bit better if there was more in focus.

yeah, I agree....I think that might be why I dont like it so much. The foreground is pretty blurry. It wasnt really meant to be anything I was going to keep...I was just taking some shots and that one came out OK.

I love my lens! It really is SO sharp!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I like the first picture and agree, a greater depth of field would help. Maybe take a small pair of scissors to trim the grass around the stone.
The second picture looks very cold (B&W tends to do that), I'm not sure that is how you would want to remember it, try using colour on that image. JMHO

Andy

yeah, it was pretty overgrown when I got there. I moved as much as I could out of the way, but it was SO soggy and wet I didnt get to get myself or my camera too wet. :) I will have to go back and re-do it.

I will post the color version...unedited. I just didnt know what to do with it. It was kinda BLAH...

Agreed on the DOF being too small in #1, but I like the effect in #2. The blurry foreground gives it a moody feel.
nice to see you putting the new lens to good use...:thumbup:

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back