How did you decide on your user name?

Well, maybe on a photography forum, but I guarantee you that this user name is taken on every single jeep/4x4/off-road forum you can find...

Yeah, I've seen it on Pirate4x4, just thought you might be the same dude.

Well in reality I'm sure if someone could turn their nickname into a camera on here they would. Obviously on a Jeep forum there'd be a bit of a competition for the idea. There'd be a few cases of "Now were you the one with the 6 vertical bars or the 7." ;)

O|||||||O = awesome
Chiller... that's your real name? NO WAI.

I picked my name some ... 13 years ago or so now I think. I was creating an AOL account and was trying to come up with something obscure enough that it wouldn't get re-used and I would normally find it available.

I picked manaheim because it was the name of a fairly obscure criminal on the Batman series airing around then.

It worked *relatively* well. I usually get manaheim on most boards and such.

A lot of people seem to think my name is based upon the "alpha male," when in fact I named myself after Photoshop's alpha channels used in masking (and which I use occasionally for black and white conversions in RGB).

It fits what I do, and the French version of the word is appropriate.

skieur

My name is actually two colors. Amber is my first name, and Rust is my last name - Two Color - also the name of my business Two Color Photography and Design.

Yes but my friends just call me 80. As long as no one calls me JL0
Hadn't thought of this for 30 years, until you just posted this. Had a friend in college whose name was Gary Olejnichuk, which of course would get shortened to Gary O, and because of the Hawaiian shirts he always wore, got shortened to "five-oh." (Old TV show, Hawaii 5-0)

Thanks for the jog down memory lane. Wonder how he's doing?

I have very little hair on my head - and what does grow is shaved regularly

Real name is Andy

Edit - This thread also made me think of an avatar for myself

I wanted to show appreciation for the low sound frequency know as 'bass', but people sometimes mixed it up with the slippery game fish known as a 'bass'.

I also realized how many off shoots of the name I could come up with based on the 'ace' part.

ex. bace of clubs (dj mix name?)
bace of hearts (cause ladies love bace j)
bace of diomonds (I BLING)
ace of bace (i know that's just ghey)

i now use several of those names for poker sites and what not.

clever i know.

I wanted to show appreciation for the low sound frequency know as 'bass', but people sometimes mixed it up with the slippery game fish known as a 'bass'.

I also realized how many off shoots of the name I could come up with based on the 'ace' part.

ex. bace of clubs (dj mix name?)
bace of hearts (cause ladies love bace j)
bace of diomonds (I BLING)
ace of bace (i know that's just ghey)

i now use several of those names for poker sites and what not.

clever i know.
Holy crap...bace? Where have you been?

Most reactions

Back