How do I fit the Raynox 250 onto my Nikon D3000?

N E Williams

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nathanewilliams.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so the title pretty much says it all, I just recieved the Raynox 250 in the post and am so excited to use it but have no clue how to attach it to my lens, do I need to buy anything else or? I just don't see a way how it can go onto my lens. It says something in the instructions about a lens holder tube but I did not have that in the box, do I need to buy that aswell?

Thanks

Should of came with a holder for the lens. It screws into the holder and the clips onto the front of the lens.

The lens includes a snap-on universal mount suitable for 52mm to 67mm filter size.
Apparently it should come with a "snap-on universal mount"

001.jpg

You have this adapter?

I have the macro lens and universal adapter and that's all. I have fitted the macro lens onto the universal adapter but not sure how to then fit it onto my lens.. :confused:

Ok so all you do is squeeze the the two clip type things together place on the front of your lens and release the clips.

Sorry guys I'm thick as anything, I realised I had to push the two buttons on the side to attach it...:lol:

Have fun with that thing but be warned your entering a dangerous side of photography. Macro really sucks you in and doesnt let go. I bought the raynox first and ended up buying a real macro lens not long after.

Sorry guys I'm thick as anything, I realised I had to push the two buttons on the side to attach it...:lol:

Have fun with that thing but be warned your entering a dangerous side of photography. Macro really sucks you in and doesnt let go. I bought the raynox first and ended up buying a real macro lens not long after.

Hah, I do plan on getting a macro lens soon anyway. Just had a go at using the Raynox with my kit lens but found it hard to focus on things properly.

It is a tricky new talent - leave the lens in manual focusing mode and zoom it all the way out (longest focal length) then get ready to manually focus your shots. I generally find setting the manual focus to a fixed point (often the closest) and then moving camera+lens back and forth works the best.

It is a tricky new talent - leave the lens in manual focusing mode and zoom it all the way out (longest focal length) then get ready to manually focus your shots. I generally find setting the manual focus to a fixed point (often the closest) and then moving camera+lens back and forth works the best.

Hey Overread, thanks :) will try that soon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back