How do I get rid of the green spot?

Lynx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
item.JPG

How do I get rid of the green spot?
I have a Nikon D40. I get this with sun shots with the sun in the center of the shot.

it looks like lens flare, which happens when light scatters and bounces around inside the lens off various lens coatings. It happens when you point the camera at the sun

if you use a lens hood it will fix the problem if the sun is not in your field of view, but if the sun in directly in your field of view, i dont think there is much you can do....

Move a few feet to the left next time...

Vince

I would say just clone that out in your photo editor. It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult.

recompose from a slightly different angle. A UV filter probably isn't going to do anything here and might actually make things worse.

Indeed if you had a UV filter on, removing it may improve the situation.

The only way to really get rid of it is to spend upwards of $2000 on your lenses, and even then there are still some coated lenses which ghost (a form of flaring). The 80-200 AF-S f/2.8 is a good example of one.

Um just one thing. I don't recommend shooting into the sun with such a low shutter speed. The flare is a subject of the lens, but that green circle around the sun is sensor blooming, and the horizontal streak is the sensor itself stuffing up the readout because it's been exposed to a much brighter source than it was designed for.

This will fix itself next time you shoot, but in the severe cases you can damage your sensor like this.

A UV filter would reduce it not no UV filter is going to remove all lens flare (which is what this *is*).

If you want to remove it in photoshope, either the CLONE STAMP tool or the HEALING brush will get rid of it.

Put on a lens hood, slap on a good UV filter and pay attention to composition better to avoid lens flare.

Garbz is absolutely correct. Watch out.

But Garbz, how did you know the shutter speed was low? There's no exif data.

I didn't say the shutter speed was low. I said it was too low.

1/4000th would still be too low if you up your ISO to 80 and open the aperture up all the way. In the picture above there's simply too much light and the sensor is on the edge of crapping itself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back