How do I make reflections in window glass stand out?

charchri4

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
jimsmiata.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a shot I want to recreate to see their faces in the reflection of the glass and have no idea how to do it. HELP!
24qmjwk.jpg

Reflections are based on angles.
You have to be at the correct angle to get the reflection.

If you stand right behind/above them you can easily see a reflection of them as they are being reflected directly back to you.

Move around, and watch the reflection from the window.
Go get a mirror, and test what you see in reflections as you change it's angle to your eyes.
It's a matter of positioning.

Thank you. I get the angle part I was looking more for is there something that would do the opposite of an ND filter. Something to make the glass more reflective and less see through. I think if it was darker out perhaps. I thought about having a 2nd shooter shot out side and using a bit of that image in the glass. Reversing the image would be easy enough but I don't know how to figure out what the geometry would be to match the inside view.

I am going to play with it in a window before I commit to doing the shoot but I wanted to see if I could take some of the guess work out with your experience.

I think The_Traveler is absolutly right. What also helps is a polar filter. By turning it you can reduce or enhance the reflection in the window.

Best wishes
Chris

I am going to play with it in a window before I commit to doing the shoot but I wanted to see if I could take some of the guess work out with your experience.

You can place a black sheet outside the window, or reset the angle to have a dark solid color in the camera's view through the window and not bright sky.

Most reactions

Back