How do I put metadata on my picture?

Wolfgang8810

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im currently using Adobe CS4 and I cant for the life of me figure out how to overlay my cameras meta data onto the photo. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Please help me before I lose my mind.

Here is the picture I am wanting to add the data to. It is a picture of coral in my fish tank.

DSC_0056.jpg

your meta data is attached to that picture...

Shutter Speed 0.04 second
Aperture F5.6
ISO 1600

in fact, that photos has a very detailed metadata... it tells me about the edits you did, the lens used.. exposure, everything you could imagine

Open Bridge and navigate to the image. Look for the metadata tag and all will be revealed.

I know how to locate and see the data.

This is what I want to do. I just kept switching back and forth between info and CS2 copying the data. Is there an easier way?

xeniacopy.jpg

Last edited:
why would you do that>??? it ruins the photo...

Well I guess that depends on the purpose of the photo. Obviously there is a reason this is desired. Any ideas how to do it?

ACC

The only reason I want it there is to share my settings with other people trying to take pictures of their fish tanks. With the info displayed in the picture it saves the time and hassle of downloading -> saving -> going into properties -> summary -> advanced.

As someone shooting aquariums myself, I strongly recommend a short range f/1.8 or f/1.4 lens if you haven't already tried that. Not that your shot isn't great, just found that it's far easier to shoot with a low f/ lens.

ACC

As someone shooting aquariums myself, I strongly recommend a short range f/1.8 or f/1.4 lens if you haven't already tried that. Not that your shot isn't great, just found that it's far easier to shoot with a low f/ lens.

ACC
I would If I had a lens that would go that low. Im still using the stock 18-55 f5.something lens. I am currently looking for a macro have any suggestions? Also looking for extension rings.

I have a cheap (monetarily) alternative. LOL! The one I used is a Canon, but I'm sure there's a comparable Nikon (I see you're a Nikon fan) 50mm f/1.8. They go on eBay for about $60 which is a STEAL imo. You can also get a macro filter for about $10 and I find it works beautifully! It's not the "quality" way to go, but the end result is fantastic for the price IMO.

ACC

wow thanks for that gem of a tip. So much for trying to save money lol :) Now I have to figgure out if all nikins use the same mounting configuration. Wow im clueless

Thank you! Got a bid in on one on ebay $45 wish me luck :) Ill get pictures up before and after.

Me too My max bid is $65 . Could you post one of your tank pictures? I love seeing them.

Most reactions

Back