how do i reduce flaring in this situation?

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I shot this at night, and the flaring and ghost lights just kill the picture; I had to crop a ton of the pic out. Is there any way to reduce the flaring and ghost lights caused by bright lights at night?

PecanGroveCountryClub.jpg

if you have PS, you can mask the area and reduce the flare.

IMO, it is a bit bright in some areas, but not a bad night shot by any means! i like it! :thumbsup:

what are those "ghost lights" from? are you inside shooting through glass and those lights are a reflection? if i remember, and someone can correct me if i'm wrong.... don't polarizing filters allow you to shoot through glass without reflections?

Those do look like reflections, and if so a polarizer is the answer. The only way to stop actual flaring, which is bright light coming too directly into the lens and boucing around inside the elements, is to use a lens hood, and don't shoot directly into bright light.

I can't help but ask, is this photo from print film? I see what looks like stress marks along the top and bottom of the image. If I remember right this is caused by the film being wound backwards in the canister.

Did not want to open another can of worms but I thought you may like to know where the lines came from.

Eric

Yes, this was shot with film. Now that I look at it, you may be right about the stress marks thing. The lines are all equally spaced, and they diminish in prominence the further the exposure is from the last frame. How exactly could the film be wound backwards?
And to answer Nytmair's question, I was on the ground when I shot this; the ghost lights are from the country club and its reflection. There are four rows of 8 ghost lights- two from the country club itself, and two from the reflection.
Thanks for the feedback, guys. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back