How do I set this up: PC input/hot shoe output

TiCoyote

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to trigger a remote through the Canon 5D PC Sync port. The remote does not have a PC input, just a hot foot. So I'm looking for a cable or adapter that has a PC sync input and a hot shoe output. Preferable, I want either an adapter that has a screw-lock PC input, or a cord that is either long enough to reach from the camera to my pocket, or short enough that I can just attach the trigger to the camera or strap, and I want a screw lock on the end of the PC input.

I see a lot of hot shoe input with PC output. Will they work both ways? I'm guessing no. Does anyone have a recommendation for the device I'm looking for?

I suppose another option would be a device with a foot on the bottom, an eTTL hot shoe on the top, and then another hot shoe on the side. That would also eliminate wires. Does that thing exist?

Last edited:
I suppose another option would be a device with a foot on the bottom, an eTTL hot shoe on the top, and then another hot shoe on the side. That would also eliminate wires. Does that thing exist?

Wireless trigger? Yes. I use the Pocket Wizards TT1 and TT5 combination. Lots of flexibility with those but it's about $10 vs $300. You'd have to decide how much you really need to be wireless.

Did that troll just call me a Luddite?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back