How do I take such Image?

terry7cook

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how can I take this type of images while in a wedding for example.
Obviously the low shutter speed gave the effect for the light, but how do you take the photo of the subject plus
lowering the shutter speed and drag the camera around to make the color 'smushy' like that?
How do you make all this in one shot? Or it's not one shot?

*This shot was not taken by me. (obviously)

Thanks.

On camera flash
Rear sync
Slower shutter

It's odd though because his hands/mic look like a different shot. His arms go straight down, not in correlation to his body position.

It might be his left hand on the mic, but that ain't his right.

And you may want to change the image to a LINK TO the image..... posting other's photo's is a no-no here.

I thought it was a double exposure?

How do you make all this in one shot? Or it's not one shot?

This is a composite of several photographs.

And not done very well either.

Easier as a composite, but possible in camera. I agree with the others that the left hand belongs to one person and the right hand to another.

The person has to be fairly still. Off camera flash with a grid to get the tight light spot. Coloured lights in the background to give the streaks. Second flash in the background with a small modifier, softbox. Set the flash to second curtain. Set shutter to a second, or two. Release the shutter and wave the camera around while trying to have it pointing at the singer when the flash fires.

You can do it with on-camera flash, but you usually get a wider area lit and there is no guarantee you will have your subject in the spotlight because it's hard to have the camera aimed exactly at the right instant. The on-camera method is popular at wedding receptions, later in the evening after all the required photos have been taken, and the dancing continues.

Thanks for the help guys, answer is pretty simple as stated.
Low shutter speed with on camera flash and than wave the camera a bit.

Thanks!

The photo(s) were removed.

To post an image, rather than a link to an image, a TPF member must either own the copyright(s) or have reproduction rights the member can provide to TPF administration.

A section of US copyright law is known as the DMCA statutes which includes the OCILLA statutes which exempt Internet intermediaries from copyright infringement liability provided they follow certain rules.

Most reactions

Back