How do these look to you?

Hey schumion - I like warm & colorful pictures for kids, too and I think that's why something isn't sitting right with me on these.

I tried something else with this pic...what do we think!?

1_1.jpg

I think these are pretty nice! I do think the first one would be better if the hat was off though...the hat works in the close up picture but seems awkward and out of place on the first.

Vignetting is super easy if you have Adobe Photoshop just go to Filters, Distort, Lens Correction, remove grid (uncheck box at bottom), and then mess around with the two sliders under vignette. Note that white vignetting looks discusting HAH (in my opinion). Even easier if you have lightroom too.

People often use vignettes to draw the eye where it is supposed to go and to remove distractions in the background. Don't over use them though because they can become tacky very fast!!!

The "coldness" being discussed I think is because of 2 elements:
1) the contrast is quite heavy.
2) the skin tone has quite a bit of magenta. I like your latest edit, and the brighter look definitely warms up the image. Having a bit more yellow in the skin tone also warms it up nicely.

However, the moody nature/expression of these photos also goes along with the original cooler tones and increased contrast. So, its really a matter of interpretation and how you want these images to "feel" for the viewer.

Either way, nicely done! :)

I like the "warmer" less contrasty version a lot better, but still something creepy about her standing there like that. Like I said in my earlier post though, I like it as an artistic shot but not something I'd buy as a parent..

I love these pictures, but the first one scares the crap out of me. She reminds me of some creepy kid in a horror flick, like The Shining.

I've come back and looked over and over and tried to find the quirkiness mentioned initially, but all I can think is, "if I saw that kid in an alley, I would run!"

But then in the rest of the pictures, she is cute as pie!

BTW, the last edit is much softer and not nearly as freaky to me :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back