How do you charge battery on Nikon D600 when Using the Grip ??

JohnYoung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.johnyoung.co
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking at buying a grip for the D600 that I have on order. But I cannot work out how to charge the batteries when the grip is attached.

The Nikon D90 grip I had had a door and you put one or two batteries in there (or AA batteries using the holder) and you charged the batteries by removing them and charging as normal leaving the grip on the camera. But on the D600 the grip (either Nikon or third party) seems to take one battery in the grip and another in the camera body.

So when you charge both batteries do you need to remove the grip ?? Surly not :(

I hate that about the D7000 grip. That's why I only use it if I know I'm going to be doing portraits of people. Otherwise I leave the damn grip off. I love the D90's grip for the simple fact you didn't have to take it off to charge both batteries.

I hate that about the D7000 grip. That's why I only use it if I know I'm going to be doing portraits of people. Otherwise I leave the damn grip off. I love the D90's grip for the simple fact you didn't have to take it off to charge both batteries.

Seems a stupid system, why not use the D90 set up. You attach the grip and stick both batteries in the grip - Job done !!!

You can then easily remove them both from the grip when needed and not have to remove the grip which I cannot see it doing the grip any good to keep removing it

[h=2]How do you charge battery on Nikon D600 when Using the Grip ??[/h]
Did the camera not come with a charger?
smiley_confused_vraagteken.gif

I always just use the battery in the grip first, and recharge that whenever it gets low. I think of the battery in the camera as an emergency backup.

How do you charge battery on Nikon D600 when Using the Grip ??

Did the camera not come with a charger?
smiley_confused_vraagteken.gif

Well not got the camera yet (on order) but I was asking if you had to remove the grip to recharge the battery as one battery is in the grip and on in the camera. But yes once you have the batteries you will use the charger

I always just use the battery in the grip first, and recharge that whenever it gets low. I think of the battery in the camera as an emergency backup.

OK thank you.... On the D90 it was rare I ever used both batteries (but it did happen) but I always charged both before each wedding

OK thank you.... On the D90 it was rare I ever used both batteries (but it did happen) but I always charged both before each wedding

yeah, I usually have three batteries fully charged at any event I'm being paid for, and at least 2 full and one that's at least quarter charged for most anything I do.

I usually will just swap out batteries in the grip unless I don't have time. In which case I'll just switch to the in camera battery. I would say I've only ever dipped into the in camera battery a couple of times. I usually use it like a last line of defense.

yeah, I usually have three batteries fully charged at any event I'm being paid for, and at least 2 full and one that's at least quarter charged for most anything I do.

I usually will just swap out batteries in the grip unless I don't have time. In which case I'll just switch to the in camera battery. I would say I've only ever dipped into the in camera battery a couple of times. I usually use it like a last line of defense.

Ahhh right I see the D600 seems to have better battery life than the D90 anyway...... thanks for the info

Also I had a Meike Grip on my D90 and I know a lot of people slate 3rd Party grips but mine was superb. I was looking at buying a Meike grip for the D600 but also saw an ILion one... are they any good (ILion) ?

Ahhh right I see the D600 seems to have better battery life than the D90 anyway...... thanks for the info

Also I had a Meike Grip on my D90 and I know a lot of people slate 3rd Party grips but mine was superb. I was looking at buying a Meike grip for the D600 but also saw an ILion one... are they any good (ILion) ?

I dont know. I have a Meike one for my D7000 that a friend gave me. I like it. I'm not 100% sure if it's the same grip as the D600 though.

I dont know. I have a Meike one for my D7000 that a friend gave me. I like it. I'm not 100% sure if it's the same grip as the D600 though.

Well I think I will go for the Meike ... thanks for the help

Most reactions

New Topics

Back