How do you define a successful photographer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me a successful photographer is one with enough ability and photographic knowledge along with enough self confidence so they don't feel compelled to ask questions like this one. :)

Since it seems no on can agree on what success means the question will never be answered.

Imagemaker asked for our definitions, not "THE" definition. I believe his question is indeed answered.

The natural follow on is then always the struggle to see new things.

As I was reminded again recently while visiting a museum, there is very little new under the sun so, that's definitely going to be a struggle. Seeing things in a new way is much more doable.

A successful XXXXXXXXX is any XXXXXXXXX who meets the goals that they establish for themselves. What others think is a successful XXXXXXXX is irrelevant to that person, because other people's goals are not their own.

For me, "success" in photography is a rather nebulous term.

:thumbup:

straw for brains and ...

My thought exactly. :lmao:

I actually told one one time, when she was being am es[pecially obnoxious, self absorbed beotch, "you know, you will not have your looks forever. But your bitchy, holier than thou personality will remain and no one will want to be around you. Food for thought, take it or leave it". She got so "insulted" that we cancelled the rest of the shoot. I was never so glad to stop shooting in all my life. I refunded half her fee just to be done with her once and for all. When I was talking about the shoot to another photographer friend of mine, he remarked, "you got that far into the shoot before calling it? You did better than most!"

Imagemaker asked for our definitions, not "THE" definition. I believe his question is indeed answered.

So if each person give their answer, and each one is different, and on a completely different page then whats the point of asking? Its a silly question since its so broad and there is no frame of reference to compare one answer to another. Unless you can define successful there is no point to the question.

So if each person give their answer, and each one is different, and on a completely different page then whats the point of asking? Its a silly question since its so broad and there is no frame of reference to compare one answer to another. Unless you can define successful there is no point to the question.

He could be building a construct ;)

So if each people give their answer, and each one is different, and on a completely different page then whats the point of asking? Its a silly question since its so broad.and there is no frame of reference to compare one answer to another. Just a waste of time.

Quite to the contrary, I think it is a great question. Everyone has a different criterion for defining "successful" and it's interesting to see what each person uses as their own personal one. What I define as "successful" might be completely different from your definition. But it is always interesting to see all the different perspectives.

Just my 2¢

And there isn't... except if you can answer it this way: "For me a successful photographer is one with enough ability and photographic knowledge along with enough self confidence so they don't feel compelled to ask questions like this one. :)"

So if each people give their answer, and each one is different, and on a completely different page then whats the point of asking? Its a silly question since its so broad.and there is no frame of reference to compare one answer to another. Just a waste of time.

Quite to the contrary, I think it is a great question. Everyone has a different criterion for defining "successful" and it's interesting to see what each person uses as their own personal one. What I define as "successful" might be completely different from your definition. But it is always interesting to see all the different perspectives.

Absolutely.

Can we now agree that this was an absolutely useless question although interesting and just move on.

I will be a successful photographer when I have more "likes" than Bitter.

I will be a successful photographer when I have more "likes" than Bitter.
I tried to help, but I think you have a lot of catching up to do...

Damn, I just noticed that you have like double as many likes as I do...lol. The 'Unlike' button is starting to look tempting. :lmao:

Maybe next we could talk about what defines a profesional?

*ducks*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back