How do YOU edit photos?

I currently use LR3, CS5 extended, and Portrait Professional, and a slew of actions.

Mostly CS5 with Topaz Adjust and Topaz Detail plugin.

Open all in NX2 and take into PS as needed. Use plug-ins: Nik Software Silver Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, Portraiture.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Alright guys, thanks a ton. :) I'm very happy and surprised with how many fast responses I got.
I currently have an old version of Adobe Paint Shop that I'm playing with, Photoscape (which is very nice and easy, what I'm currently using), and a trial of Photo Shop CS5.
I really want to try Lightroom though.
So overall, I guess I'll just play around!

It's just one word Photoshop. (Adobe Photoshop)

Corel makes PaintShop Photo Pro, often abbreviated to PSP.

Adobe has an education store: Adobe.com Site Requirements

Full or part-time students can get up to 80% off retail pricing.

I really want to try Lightroom though.

Do you regularly have dozens (or more) of pictures to edit? Do you need a powerful organizational tool to catalog your photos? This is what LR is for. LR is workflow/organization first and foremost, with limited editing capability. Elements, CSx, PSP, etc., are full out editing programs. LR was designed by Adobe as a go along program to be used with, not in place of, an editing program. I'm surprised Keith didn't already mention that...;)

I use Photoshop CS5 for any type of general photography shots, including studio and outdoor. But when it comes to taking high quality HDR shots, I always use Photomatrix. There are a ton of free tutorials online how to use Photomatrix and I personally think it works a lot better (and easier) than creating HDR shots in Photoshop CS5.

I use Photoshop CS5 ( and Camera Raw ) for everything. Editing, much like photography itself, takes a long time to master. It is not something you just "play" with and expect to become good at. You have to read books, watch tutorials, and learn as much stuff as you can. It takes a while. Even the basics you may think you know ( like boosting saturation or contrast for instance ) you will find your use will become more refined. What once seemed like a cool look to you, will stick out as being poorly edited. Just like once you learn to see things through the eyes of a photographer ( composition, lighting, focus ) you will begin to notice why images you may have once lked, no longer cut the mustard. There are no shortcuts though, you gotta really spend time on it. Good luck!

I don't have to edit my pictures anymore (<3 for film)

Most reactions

Back