How do you Find Your Spot?

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to get into racecar driver portraiture - because I know people, and it's fun. The one session I did, turned out fairly good, but I need to find more locations for future shoots. The last thing I want to tell a person is "hmm, I'm not from the area - any ideas on locations?" because to me, that sounds relatively unprofessional like I don't know what I'm doing (I don't really...just beginning). I'm going to Springfield tonight, and will do some cruising around, on back roads and such to attempt to find a good location to put a racecar for a shoot.

The same applies for any outdoors portraiture...how do you find good photo shoot spots?

269650673_4Sz5B-XL.jpg

When working solo, It's best and most cost effective to just drive around and scope things out, provided you have time. If, on the other hand, you're shooting for a client, you can hire a location scout if the budget provides.

Do you know anyone at Missouri State, faculty or students? Maybe ask around for some good locations. You don't want to drive around too much with current gas prices.

Do you know anyone at Missouri State, faculty or students? Maybe ask around for some good locations. You don't want to drive around too much with current gas prices.

That's a good idea...

For me location is a major part of the shoot. A lot of times it is a collaboration between me and the client. Mostly it depends on what we are trying to achieve. Once that has been determined it will be easier to focus on the scouting. My only advice is do not settle for the obvious. Get creative.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

Back