How do you get better at photography?

skieur said:
:lol::lol: Considering your limited photographic experience, as per your profile, I find your statement laughable. Usually such rationalizations come from those not familiar with computers.

skieur

I'm sure that serving 10 years as head photographic chancellor of Earth allows you to make such judgments.

I feel humbled in your presence.

Looking down on us from a place of obviously higher photographic stature, I'm surprised you socialize with us commoners.

So, you are telling us indirectly that you have a very LIMITED view and knowledge of postprocessing as well.:lol:

skieur

Lots of Googles, Fro Knows, Adorama TV, d7k manual, mentor, fundamental college course, picking people's brain and practice.

Last edited:
I've been obsessed with photography since I started in 2008. I remember reading early on to look at other's work, and your own, and attempt to understand what about it makes you like or dislike it.
Well after doing that for 4 years I am just now starting to be able to actually do that and have it make lasting impressions in my mind. Just now starting to make connections between what I see in a photograph and the many things I've read about compositional elements.

For some of us, ( maybe most of us, but definitely not all of us ), time is a key factor. No matter how hard you try, it takes time to assimilate photographic / artistic truths to the point that you can make use of them.

Do you want to learn more about photography or do you want to show your work if you want all of this please come here and learn more and more Progetto 100 fotografi | Fotografare in Digitale this site is the best for all your work!!! if find there 100 Photographer Project to learn more an more about photography!!! just try and you will not lose nothing you will win experience!!!!

Bigger lens. Or Body. Oh and bigger watermark too.

bigthumb.gif

2WheelPhoto said:
Bigger lens. Or Body. Oh and bigger watermark too.

What is your fascination with big watermarks? You manage to mention that every chance you get.

This goes down as the SECOND dumbest thing I've heard on TPF lately. Someone else has been carrying the torch, but you're catching up quickly.

:lol::lol: Considering your limited photographic experience, as per your profile, I find your statement laughable. Usually such rationalizations come from those not familiar with computers.

skieur

Funny... I think I can claim a little bit of experience! I started shooting when getting it right in camera was the only way to go... because I wasn't that good in the darkroom to start out. Even the people I knew who were considered experts in the darkroom, still advocated getting it as right as possible in camera to minimize the work in the darkroom!

So Skioor... I find YOUR statement laughable! Extremely!

Yes.. you can be a crappy photographer, and good in PS.. and get away with it (and I suspect this is how you work, since you advocate it!)... but it is still much better to get it right in the camera. Anyone that says otherwise is full of CHIT!... ;) You been hanging around the MWAC's or something??

The fact that you need to descend to incorrectly spelling my user name shows how empty your comments are :thumbdown: and of course you also make the WRONG assumptions which makes an ASS out of you as well.

You also did not check which is predictable from your little bit of experience, but my photo work on this site has about 1/4 million views which suggests that I must be doing something right. :lol:

skieur

fwellers said:
I've been obsessed with photography since I started in 2008. I remember reading early on to look at other's work, and your own, and attempt to understand what about it makes you like or dislike it.
Well after doing that for 4 years I am just now starting to be able to actually do that and have it make lasting impressions in my mind. Just now starting to make connections between what I see in a photograph and the many things I've read about compositional elements.

For some of us, ( maybe most of us, but definitely not all of us ), time is a key factor. No matter how hard you try, it takes time to assimilate photographic / artistic truths to the point that you can make use of them.

Hi, just joined up here and have my first DSLR for 15 months with a few hobby courses and workshops under mu belt. I really appreciate all the wisdom here but especially that getting better at photography is a life-long project that spans several decades (thankfully) which I keep reading between the lines, not something to get frustrated about not having achieved much yet at this stage like I sometimes feel a bit, which does help push me forward. I think it's a case of making small wins and small gains to get better steadily over a long time. As long as you're going in the general direction of improving you're OK

Do you want to learn more about photography.
Honestly, your pictures are good. The only problem is most of them are of common things. Try photographing thing most people over look. Some of my favorite pictures that I've taken were of the trees in my yard after an ice storm. The way the light reflected off of the ice was really beautiful.

You also did not check which is predictable from your little bit of experience, but my photo work on this site has about 1/4 million views which suggests that I must be doing something right. :lol:
Views of a topic mean about as much as "Likes" on Facebook, or in other words: Absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Practice Deliberately. The deliberate part is the important part.

Most reactions

Back