How do you guys carry tripod? Advice needed please.

I also have the 055XPROB and use the shoulder strap from my art portfolio.

Just make a strap/sling using para cord or nylon straps from an outdoor store. Another idea would be converting a rifle sling with shoulder padding.

Ooooo rifle sling ... :eek: Make it a three stage combat sling! Hehehehe

I found a suitcase strap and used that. But i don't know on a bike, might be a bit awkward.

How do you guys carry tripod?

I don't. Unless I am going out to a portrait session with formal lighting equipment in tow, or taking photos in the smack dab middle of the night (even then, I'd only use it for things like blurred tail light photos or star trails), I don't find it necessary. For generic "dusk pictures," as in normal still photos without any blur desired as a special effect, you probably don't need a tripod if you have any halfway decent modern DSLR (which I assume you do if you own a manfrotto tripod). Even basic kit lenses nowadays could pull off sharp photos at dusk with 1/20th of a second, or sometimes even slower, with image stabilization and you can probably get higher than that anyway with digital ISO performance.

But if you insist on a tripod, The easiest would be slinging it over your back with a provided or custom made strap and shoulder pad (you can get nylon webbing strap at the hardware store for pennies). Less easy but better for your back if it's a heavy tripod and you have to go very far would be strapping it securely to a rack over your back wheel or just sticking it into a side pannier with a bungee or some twine to stop it from bouncing around. If you don't have either of these things and commonly bike around carrying lots of stuff, then you should go get them (racks and panniers), because they're hella useful for groceries and stuff too.

I have a Tamrac adventure 7 which has a convenient strapping system for a tripod. I also have a Giotto carbon tripod which only weighs 1.6 kilos, so weight isn't a problem. Usually carry it with me when out on a shoot as I'm never sure when I'm going to see a macro shot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

As more responses are coming in, it seems that majority are in favor of strap, not a bag.
It seems to make sense, as long as it is not to just transport tripod.

Manfrotto has TRIPOD SHOULDER STRAP 1 MB MSTRAP-1 - Carrying Solutions For Tripods | Manfrotto shoulder strap which should work well with my tripod.
I also found OP/Tech on Amazon, which also has great reviews.

I use the OP-Tech, which is why I listed it above. It does a good job, very comfortable and easy to setup in different carrying positions

As more responses are coming in, it seems that majority are in favor of strap, not a bag.
It seems to make sense, as long as it is not to just transport tripod.

Manfrotto has TRIPOD SHOULDER STRAP 1 MB MSTRAP-1 - Carrying Solutions For Tripods | Manfrotto shoulder strap which should work well with my tripod.
I also found OP/Tech on Amazon, which also has great reviews.

I use the OP-Tech, which is why I listed it above. It does a good job, very comfortable and easy to setup in different carrying positions

Yes, thanks to your post. :thumbup:

Now I am down to two straps: OP tech and Manfrotto.

I like that Manfrotto strap was designed for Manfrotto tripods, so it can clip right onto the hook under ballhead (still regular straps to hold legs).
OP tech has better price, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back