how do you say your name

That's funny Vonnagy.... I always pronounced your name with a mixed Texas/German accent.... so I've been hacking it up... :lol:

Mine is pronounced <Texas/German Accent> li-t-l man (A = L-a-nd) :mrgreen:

LittleMan said:
Mine is pronounced <Texas/German Accent> li-t-l man (A = L-a-nd) :mrgreen:

Oh thanks, thanks for telling me that, LittleMan. I wouldn't have known how to pronounce your screen name otherwise ;););). Your's is as hard as mine is, isn't it?

vonnagy said:
vonnagy = von - NAHJ

your the first person her polite enough to ask that :D, I am suspecting that most non eastern european people say von-NAG-gee. I had to emmigrate to NZ because there is nothing worse than to hear the mispronounciation of my name with a southern accent. (or course the mispronounciation in kiwiland is just a bad :grumpy: )

oops :oops:

Dan Alec... short for Daniel Alexander.

vonnagy said:
vonnagy = von - NAHJ

your the first person her polite enough to ask that :D, I am suspecting that most non eastern european people say von-NAG-gee. I had to emmigrate to NZ because there is nothing worse than to hear the mispronounciation of my name with a southern accent. (or course the mispronounciation in kiwiland is just a bad :grumpy: )

Well, it would HELP if you'd spell it right. If it's really pronounced Von-NAHJ, then why the heck are you spelling it like VON-a-gee??? :scratch:

And you KNOW I'm your ever-loving TER-ri.....right? :mrgreen:

::turns to flee::

Mine is mee-tee-kuh-one-hundred (mitica100)In real life: Dimitri

my..very similar to "y" but with a "m" before it,
grain...very simliar to "rain" but with a "g" before it.

it's a play on words for migraine headaches which are the greatest part of my life(bullsh@t they suck concentrated ass monkey juice through a coffee stir straw made of petrified bat guano!!!) and "my" last "grain" of sanity. :mrgreen:

mygrain said:
it's a play on words for migraine headaches

Oh dear, mygrain, I was afraid it would be that, for the similar sound is ever so obvious, but all the time I hoped it would not be real migraines that gave you the idea to that handle. Oh, how I now feel for you.

Do you know that at first I mixed you up with the nightmare of the board - erm - sorry, Nytmair?

And my son at once said that Picksure would be "very sure at picking out the right PICTURE" (pronounce this not too distinctly here) ... I wonder whether that has really made John "Picksure" take up this handle?

or-e-cat

I think we talked about vonnagy's pronunciation once before, so I figured everyone would be surprised at that. And I still usually think von-na-gee even tho I know it's not right! :mrgreen:

oriecat said:
or-e-cat

I think we talked about vonnagy's pronunciation once before, so I figured everyone would be surprised at that. And I still usually think von-na-gee even tho I know it's not right! :mrgreen:

I remember discussing the pronunciation of his name before, too...but I can't stop pronouncing it the other way! So I find it best just to say "Vonn". :D

I was mispronouncing Vonnagy as "Von-Na-GE" so I stand corrected.

I would assume mine is pretty straigh forward but it is, "Air-Gun-er"

Interesting topic. I've thought many of your names differently. :mrgreen:

And mine is simple... Ni-ki. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back