Sorry, I dont get the question.
How do I see without my camera in my camera? As in, I see a scene with my eyes, I then pick up my camera, and I want to reproduce the same thing in my camera?
Many times I come accross something I find nice and interesting but I just can't get it right in camera. Thats the fun thing with photography, its the challenge. How do I get it right? I try again. I go back to the same spot at a different time of day when the light is different.
I post the best picture I took and ask for comments as to what is missing, and then arrange for a reshoot.
Problem is, I'm starting to have a long list of places to visit for a reshoot.
I can do this as I'm comfortable with the technicalities of the camera and how to get the picture exposed as I want. If you are struggling with getting the exposure (ISO, shutter, aperture) right, then you are probably not able to get consistently well exposed images on your own...its just a crapshoot when you take the photo if it turns out as you wanted.
Focus on the basics of photography. Your camera is a medium, its a tool. Its not the be all of the image. Your eye and knowledge are what is more important.
Once you get comfortable with consistent results in terms of technicalities, then put more attention to composition tricks to make the image look nice. One thing I like to do is select one basic "rule" (thirds, leading lines,...) and go out for 5 hours and specifically seek images with this one rule. Learn it, understand it. Then do the same with another rule. Force your eye to learn to see things as if you were looking through a view finder.
After a while, I found myself on the bus, looking out the window, and seeing a whole bunch of photo opportunities
If you are trying to learn the basics, the technicalities, composition and so on all at once, it will be confusing. One step at a time.
I hope my ramblings answered your question