Get what you see without your camera in your camera?
Or, you all have seem my picture taking skills-- Should I just work on learning my camera.:blushing:
Took me a while, but I get what you're asking now.
(I haven't read the rest of the thread yet...)
Auto mode is the answer.
I find that boring though. I try to recreate what I
envision, which is usually quite different from what I actually see. Much, much more difficult too.
There are two things you have to do, and it's quite possible that it will take a pretty good chunk of time to do it.
1 - You have to know what is happening when you meter. What your camera
wants to do. That's the easy part. You can learn that just from searching this site or reading a book or two.
2 - You have to learn to make the camera do what
you want it to do. This will take longer to master. It's not impossible though.
Even after that, you will still fail to achieve what you had envisioned sometimes (maybe a lot of times, lol).