How dust appear?

akazoly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Someone tell me how dust appear on CCD? Is possible to get dust on CCD but I never change the lens ?

well, your lens, in particular if you have a zoom lens, is not dust proof.

also there might be some abrasion from the shutter blade, which settles on the sensor after a while.

My sensor is cleaned with Eclipse E2... Now the CCD is clean... I don't want to remove the 50mm lens anymore. Because I don't have money for better lens now. I live in Europe, Romania and much dust exist here.

I don't have a zoom lens, I use the 50mm f/1.8 lens. But I work in manual focus. Nikon D40X
How often you clean the sensor?

Dust can get in, even if you don't change lenses, as your camera is not dust proof. I just took my D70 for a dust clean after about 11,000 shots, because it was really really bad. After that until now, it's still clean.

Most of all don't let it affect you! If you're going to be super careful about it, you won't have fun shooting outside.

I saw a man yesterday with a nikon D2x just rip his lens off right in the middle of a park with the camera facing right up and he wasn't even bothered!

I think, much sensor cleaning is not good for CCD. I clean the CCD myself but I use chemicals.
Now I Think, why non DSLR cameras not has dust?

I don't know how to solve this cleaning problem in future.. I hate dust.. And I get more dust facing camera down (is not a joke) especially with Blower..

how could they possibly eliminate dust problems?

But seriously...it's just dust...it comes off.

Even if the system is sealed, dust is created inside the camera. Don't worry about it man...

Yes I know, But I hate dust between F1.8 and F10 aperture, and cleaning the sensor often with chemicals is not a solution.

I saw a man yesterday with a nikon D2x just rip his lens off right in the middle of a park with the camera facing right up and he wasn't even bothered!

I do the same thing with my camera. Are you going to miss an awesome shot because you didn't want to change lenses because of dust?

I never worry about swapping lenses. I have been out quad riding, everything dusty, and didn't hesitate to swap out for a longer lens. Any dust issues I have had have been remedied by a cheap blower brush.

We had dust on our sensor right out of the box. It was so bad we had to take it in to be cleaned. We will usually blow it out. If it's too bad, we'll take it in and pay for it to be cleaned.

I swap lenses all the time too, because I have to! I shoot a primary body that is far superior than my backup body and I need to switch from a short to long lens a lot! Do what you have to do!

By the way zoliky, how did you take a self portrait with your lens cap on?!? =o)

I swap lenses all the time too, because I have to! I shoot a primary body that is far superior than my backup body and I need to switch from a short to long lens a lot! Do what you have to do!

By the way zoliky, how did you take a self portrait with your lens cap on?!? =o)

I take the self portrait with mobile phone :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back