How dust appear?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by akazoly, Feb 6, 2008.

1. TCimages

TCimages TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
  2. akazoly

akazoly TPF Noob!

I know how to clean the CCD. Thanks... I want to find a solution how to avoid dust, because I don't want to clean the sensor every week.

BTW, photoshol not recommand Pec-Pads to clean the CCD

3. akazoly

akazoly TPF Noob!

Yes the camera is under warranty, but im not interested in warranty. Nikon service not exist here. I need to pay for transport and for cleaning. Is much time and money.

I like to clean the sensor myself, what Nikon do for me ? clean my sensor with Eclipse. I do the same thing at home.

If sensor is scratched is scratched in my arms. The cleaning is not a problem for me I want to avoid dust. The D40X work like a dust magnet.

Now I try to buy copperhill brush to avoid much chemical fluid. Arctic butterfly is expensive and I think is not better than any other charged brush.

4. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ok ok, this is not about cleaning you say, but about avoiding the dust.

I do not know much about your particular camera, but as I said before, with some cameras there might be some abrasion from the shutter blade, which settles on the sensor as dust after a while.

With my current camera it took about 4000 shutter actuations and then I had less and less dust. In the beginning I had to clean the sensor about once a week, no matter if i changed lenses alot or not. These days I only clean once every 2 months, unless i was changeing lenses in really bad environments.

so maybe there is the chance that things get better for you as well...

5. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    as dust does not fall, but is moved by convection, it really does not matter which way the camera faces when you swap lenses. Make sure though, that the birds don't drop anything :p

I change lenses without much concern - wherever I am.

6. Jon0807

Jon0807 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    With all that cleaning inside of the camera, whether it's with fluid or blower, dust will get into places in the camera that you can't reach. Blowers just move the dust from your sensor to other parts of your camera. So when you put the lens back on, there's still dust inside the camera and with the shutter moving around all the time, I'm sure all that hidden dust is getting kicked up again. I doubt there's any way to totally avoid dust. It's just a part of our lives.

7. bhop

bhop No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I think if dust annoys you this much and you can't accept the FACT that it's part of owning a dslr..then maybe you should shoot film.. just my opinion of course..

8. akazoly

akazoly TPF Noob!

Ok but which is the chamber? someone has a picture for me. I don't know exactly.. is the walls in camera ?

9. nicfargo

nicfargo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You cannot avoid dust, not 100% at least. Even the "Weather Sealed" bodies have dust problems from time to time. There is nothing you can do about it. I'm not sure why you have to clean it so often though. I've had my 30D for well over a year, and I've only had to clean it once. Maybe you just have a dusty camera...who knows?

10. akazoly

akazoly TPF Noob!

I ASK where is the chamber ? The outer left and right walls ? Or the mirror area?

[​IMG]