How far can a lense see?

Daniel said:
Too many engineers nowadays. There's a refuge engineer (binman), culinary engineer (dinner lady). Surely you needed to do maths for this engineering degree?

Bloomin heck guys!! Dont have a dig just cos I dont know how to calculate sine. Yes I did have to do maths for this degree but I havent used the maths for 7 years, give me a break!! Its not often you need advanced mathematics and when you do the functions have already been written, afterall everything nowadays is modular and reusable!!

With regards to the lens, I was actually browsing for something like a 300mm and spotted this, I have the spare cash so wondered if it would be a nice toy to have just in case. The landscape in England is mainly flat with views for miles, unlike my homeland of Wales where its all hills and Mountains. I figured if I spotted something nice way in the distance I would be thankful I had bought it and packed it for my hols :)

Is the general concensus that the lens isnt worth it? It was on ebay that I spotted it.

SteveEllis said:
Is the general concensus that the lens isnt worth it? It was on ebay that I spotted it.

You will get an image that is of something far away but it will be terrible so It's not even worth it.

SteveEllis said:

You get what you pay for!

As you're not paying a lot for a very adventurous focal length, you can expect poor quality glass, image aberrations, very long exposures, softness of image, extreme focussing difficulties... and that's before things are made twice as bad with a teleconverter! :mrgreen:

If you're not particularly fussy, and you're not in a hurry, then it might be acceptable for your needs. Don't be thinking you'll be springing into action and snapping that far away wildlife with it though.

Rob

So I would be better off putting the money into a better 300mm lens and taking PlasticSpanners advice of moving closer then :)

Decision made, thanks very much guys, even if some of you did pick on me ;) :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back