How far will you go?

Is this you?

I have actually thought about doing this very thing but don't have the opertunity.

Thats fuggin' crazy.

im calling shenanigans on this.
if what he is standing on was SO hot that his tripod and shoes caught fire....he would NOT be standing like that casually looking through the camera. he would have third degree burns on his feet, and most likely the air around him would be so hot it would burn his throat and lungs.

it is a pretty cool shot though.

Not that far! Even if I had lava available, which I'm not at all sad to say - I do not.
pixmedic's right on this one ... it's clearly been PSd onto the lava.

if what he is standing on was SO hot that his tripod and shoes caught fire....he would NOT be standing like that casually looking through the camera. he would have third degree burns on his feet, and most likely the air around him would be so hot it would burn his throat and lungs.

Naw you can walk on it. No big deal. It's a contained heat, like coals. You're thinking of actual fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naw you can walk on it. No big deal. It's a contained heat, like coals. You're thinking of actual fire.

I was thinking of actual fire because his shoes and tripod ARE on actual fire.

im calling shenanigans on this. ..........

I am too. There would be a tremendous amount of blur & distortion in the image caused by the heated air.

And smoke..... where is the black, choking smoke synthetic material produces?

Photo looks like it was faked... the fire is way off in the distance, so how would his shoes and tripod be on fire? And he's just standing there like a nitwit with his feet on fire, c'mon.

The entire photo could be faked, I'm not sure if what's in the viewfinder is what he's actually looking at.

Miles Morgan talks about losing 1/4 inch of his tripod and some of the bottoms of his shoes to melting on lava though. Not quite as extreme but still, something.
minute 3:00

I was thinking of actual fire because his shoes and tripod ARE on actual fire.

How come I don't see this in Jackass movies?

I vote it is a disgusting bull**** photo. (But not being a photoshop expert i may be wrong.)

If it is that hot, no street photog would use a tripod. They shoot and get the hell out...pure bull****!

Just like a photog shooting war and unrest with a tripod...NO.

Even if it is a HDR, you can shoot them without a tripod most of the time, at least half-ass anyway. Too bad we even have to speculate about honesty like this.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back