How I got rid of a huge nest of wasps without getting stung!

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We found a huge nest of wasps/yellow-jackets/nasty-bitey-stingy-flying bugs in a sawdust pile in the middle of our display area at the fairgrounds this weekend. I used what I thought was a rather creative extermination method and got rid of them without getting stung!

You mean some of these.
20949719793_32bf1d2b23_b.jpg

Poor waspies!

Also go back tothe part where you're a steam engine driver!

Overread" said:
Poor waspies!

You had me fooled for a while...at first I thought you were going to toss it in to the firebox of the tractor! Nope! Then I thought you were going to run the nest over with those steel wheels. Nope! You went with free steam cleaning for the whole community!

Poor waspies!

Wasps are the @$$holes of the insect world - they get no sympathy from me.

Which part?
Overread" said:
Poor waspies!

You had me fooled for a while...at first I thought you were going to toss it in to the firebox of the tractor! Nope! Then I thought you were going to run the nest over with those steel wheels. Nope! You went with free steam cleaning for the whole community!
You work with the tools you have at hand! :D

I am allergic to wasps, YJ, bees....all of them....1 sting and I can't breathe....I find that getting my wife to NAPALM them works quite well, also.....I do like your method.....

I had yellowjackets in a box of smoker wood that I sprayed. Unable to use the wood for smoking, I tossed it on a fire.

I still have paper wasps in my eave gutters. (gutter caps over the top) I'll eventually get around to spraying them.

Overread" said:
Poor waspies!

I thought he was going to show the wasps a bunch of bad out of focus, bad lighting, movement blur, off WB, dutch tilt photos and kill them from poor imagery. :)

Oh, nice tractor. Now I know why you know so much about them.

wasp spray, water hose w/nozzle, or power washer. I got a couple of these I need to knock down my self.

I had a large paper wasp nest once in between the screen and glass in a bay window.
One noonish day I realized there were wasps in the house (cracked open the window) only to find this gigantic nest.
Closed the window, removed the wasps inside.
Then put in all my winter motorcycle gear including full face helmet, neck covering and a cans of wasp spray and proceeding to remove the nest. I still remember one flying straight into my visor, over and over again until I smashed it.

but I like the steam tractor idea better.

Can never be too sure. A follow up is suggested.

Once my next door neighbor brain stormed to gas or lighter fluid can't recall on a wasp nest and I hauled ass in my house and watched out the window and just as he went to light it up in flames they stormed out in full rage. he was severely stung just about every where. I wish I was into photography back then with a mega zoom. I stayed in doors the rest of the day to play it safe.

Most reactions

Back