'how I took it' sites

nateMN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
came across dustin diaz on flickr.
Is there anyone else that has great 'how I took it' information with their images?
as a beginner, I can't even begin to start to explain how helpful this is. heck, I purchased the cactus v4 triggers because of him and wanting to learn off camera flash photography.

Last edited:
I would pick up Nikon Guide To Creative lighting. That photostream is good; however all you'll be doing is mimicking the setup without understanding WHY it's set up in such a way. With that DVD (30 bucks), they'll go through the basics of light to setting up small intimate shoots and ending with one mindblowing ridiculous 11 light shoot. It certainly is something when it all comes together.

I recommend that DVD if you understand the "why" and not just the "how".

EDIT: Eek. That guy sure isn't stretching his. . .talents is he.

Extremely useful thread. Thanks - very good suggestions! I have none of my own, but gladly giving this a bump up the new thread list ;)

I didn't want to narrow in on only strobist-type sites.
Here is another place. I'm more looking for some creative inspiration / unique type shots and how they were taken.

I didn't want to narrow in on only strobist-type sites.
Here is another place. I'm more looking for some creative inspiration / unique type shots and how they were taken.

That section is the only reason why I visit that website anymore. It's a great way for beginners such as myself to go and get inspiration as well as insight into other photographers' minds. Thanks for linking that photostream. I'll definitely be keeping up with it.

Most reactions

Back