How is this regarding composition?

SeoulShots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've spent the last two days reading up on composition and tried to incorporate the rules in this shot. How did I do? I'd love feedback on what I did wrong and how to improve.

IMG_3345.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my!

That's a whole lot to take in, let me collect my thoughts and come back to this one.

it is a bit much activity all around. my right eye feels like it wants to start twitching when i look at it.

I'd like it better if the bird's tail was in focus.

Pay attention to the direction things face.

Essentially the bird is facing the right edge of the frame, and that's kind of awkward.
Sometime it works when a subject(s) body is facing towards the edge of the frame but they are looking back into it.

You nailed the rule of thirds though. :thumbup:

Essentially the bird is facing the right edge of the frame, and that's kind of awkward.
Sometime it works when a subject(s) body is facing towards the edge of the frame but they are looking back into it.

Good info. Thanks!

Being a wildlife photographer, I was going to say the same thing! :lol:

I think the image could be made even stronger if the birds right eye was on the closest ROT power point:

ROTIMG_3345.jpg

Most reactions

Back