How Many Cameras do you Own?

I honestly don't know how many cameras I've accumulated, lost track after a hundred. Much of it is junk I just found interesting to take apart and tinker with, but there are many nice ones as well. I still like to use the old film cameras, but digital has spoiled me, with the ability to shoot hundreds of images. I'm particularly found of the Contax II and the Voigtlander Perkeo.

Currently a total of 5 now.

- One extremely primitive plastic monster from my childhood 30+ years ago that I dont remember ever using.
- A Leica C2 film camera I must have bought sometimes 6-10 years ago ? I dont remember ever using that one, either.

And the three digital cameras mentioned in my profile:
- Panasonic DMC-FX07 (bought it about 4 years ago; I wanted a Leica, but the shop told me its basically the same camera as the Leica, just cheaper; I still use this one as a point and shoot)
- Canon Powershot G11 (bought it about 2 years ago)
- Nikon D5100 (couple months ago). I think I'll switch to Fuji's X System in future, though.

I think I'm up to about 70 or 80 at this point. I keep saying to myself that "one of these days, I'll arrange them all for a group shot", but... yeah... lol

Hasselblad 500C
Mamiya RB67
Mamiya 645 Pro
Mamiya C330
Mamiya Super 23 Press
Speed Graphic Press
Nikon F Photomic
Nikkormat FT
Canon II S2 (1955 Rangefinder)
Canon AL-1
Argus C3 (Brick)(2)
Yashica FX-7
Yashica Electro 35
Exakta VX500 (2)
Polaroid Model 95
Polaroid Big Shot
Nimslo 3D
Realist 3D
Minolta 7S Rangefinder
Minolta 16-Ps (2)
Norton (1934 miniature)
Hit type miniature (2)
Several Diana type cameras
A few dozen Kodaks from 1918 up through the 1970's
A few Brownie-type Bakelite 620 knockoffs by oddball manufacturer names

That's the bulk of them. Then there's the digital stuff:

Canon RC-250 Xapshot <-Just added to the collection :)
Sony Mavica FD81
Sony DSC-F717
Canon 40D
Canon 7D
Canon 5DMKII
Fujifilm Finepix Real 3D
HTC Thunderbolt Smartphone
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Web cam on my Asus G73JH-X5 Laptop

Last edited:
Motorola cell phone cam (not used any more, it's my backup phone)
Nokia phone cam (occasional use)
Canon Elph something, unused these last several years
Nikon D3100 used almost daily
Nikon FE2 used several times a year
Mamiya RZ67 used several times a year
Bender 4x5 used probably once a year
Sinar F1 just acquired, hope to use it a couple times a year

What's that, 8? The Bender is going to go if the F1 works out. The Elph should probably go as well.

Film .. I lost count... Asahi/Pentax pre-80s collection that is almost 1 of every model. Plus Pentax 67, 645 and some other pretty cameras. Leica M3

Digital..
Leica M8
Leica M9
Pentax K10D
Olympus OMD E-M5
Olympus E-PL1
Panasonic G1
Panasonic LX3
Panasonic TZ5
Olympus Tough something or another.
Canon 5D
iphone4 count? rarely use it as a camera.

I think I still have a Canon Powershot G1 and G5 somewhere....

I am not a collector so I will say I have way too many cameras. Just sign of insecurity ? If one craps out I want to have another one on hand.

- Fuji x100
- Canon EOS Rebel xsi
- Fuji Instax Mini 7S
- Pentax MX
- iPhone 4S ;)

Canon 1D Mark II
Canon 60D
Canon D60
Canon Rebel G
Canon PowerShot 790 IS
Canon Vixia HF S11
iPhone 4S
Motorola Droid Razr

Not sure, really...they just keep piling up...not nearly as many as compur of mitica or buckster, fer sure! Nine d-slrs, three P&S digitals,3 P&S 35mm's,6 or 7 TLR cameras, some 35mm viewfinder models, Leica thread mount system,some remaining Bronica SQ-A stuff,4x5, and of course, my iPhone 4.

Canon D60
Pics or it didn't happen. :D

YOU DARE QUESTION ME!?!??!?!?!?

Okay, here it is. ;)

Canon D60 complete with 22-55mm f/4.5-5.6.

7760093370_4628ac0290_c.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! Honestly, I had no idea that any of their digital SLRs started with the D, rather than ending with it. Learn something new every day! Thanks!

Cool! Honestly, I had no idea that any of their digital SLRs started with the D, rather than ending with it. Learn something new every day! Thanks!

There was also a D30... 3.2mp which was my first digital SLR. I went from a D30 to D60 to a 10D and managed to wait until 1DMark IIn

usayit said:
There was also a D30... 3.2mp which was my first digital SLR. I went from a D30 to D60 to a 10D and managed to wait until 1DMark IIn

Yep, the D60 in all its 6.2 MP goodness. It only goes up to an unusable 1000 ISO though lol

What sucks (and is kind of ironic) is that the D60 has a PC cord plug in where you can use a strobe, but I don't think any of the xxD series cameras have that. Stupid canon marketing.

I believe that the D30 was the first genuinely Canon DSLR. The others before that were collaborations between Canon and Kodak.

Canon T4i
Canon sx200si
Canon elph
Yashika Mat 80mm
Anscomatic M with 35,50,100 lenses
8mm Brownie Movie Cam

Most reactions

Back