How Many Cameras do you Own?

How many cameras do I own?

One fewer than I'd like. :D

I've got quite a few, but nothing like what some of these folks have. I have NEARLY every camera I've ever owned; I think the only exception to that is an Olympus OM-10 that I got when I graduated HS--that thing had to be sent for repair half a dozen times, and I don't remember what finally happened to it--I probably took it to the repair shop and just left it there! :lol: I'd like to buy an OM-10 sometime just to "represent" that camera, since I have the rest of the ones I've owned.

I've got probably 20-30, I'm really not sure. Might have more than that. Some day I need to make a list of them. This is not that day.

1 Sony 230
1 4x5 Calumet
1 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Crown Graphic
1 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Baby Pacemaker Graphic
2 Bronica's
1 RB67
4 Nikon F2A'
1 Nikkormat

Just recently sold a Mamiya C220 and a Linholf 23 Press

That list = too many

Last edited:
There are 13 cameras in my house. 11 of them are old film cameras ranging from the 1940s to a Diana Lomography camera. The other two are digital, one's a Fuji bridge that belongs to my girfriend and the last one is my D300s. Only the 2 digital ones and the occasionally the Diana get used.

Off to nice start! Interesting selection!

I jut started collecting in January. Here is my list:
-Kodak Brownie No. 2 model C
-Argus C3
-Kodak Vigilant Jr six-20
-Kodak Duaflex IV
-Polaroid 250 Land Camera
-Yashica Electro 35 GS
-Practika LTL3
-Minolta Hi-matic AF2
-Nikon N8008
-Nikon D3100

A small list compared to the first post, but hey, I just started. I am always looking for new cameras, and my collection is growing all the time.

I own 4 and use 3. One is Pentax DSLR which i like but the current Pentax lenses are over-priced c/w Nikon (for example). I doubt I'll be investing in the Pentax system beyond some legacy PK manuals. I've owned about 200 cameras and ~150 lenses.

I have a lot of cameras, have stopped counting. Probably 60 Nikons running from a Nikon M from 1950 through to a Nikon D1x. Some odd-ball cameras, like a Nikon F3AF from 1983 and a Nikon E3 full-frame DSLR from 1997. 20 or so Kodak Retina cameras, mostly bought cheap and fixed myself. Leica III, Leica IIIa, Leica IIIf, Leica M3, CL. Canon P, Canon 7, Canon Ftb, Canon EF, Canon F1. Leica Thread Mount: Nicca, Leotax, Tanack, Yashica YF, Zorki 3M.
Minolta, Argus/Cosina, Vivitar, Konica, Fujica, Petri, Pentax, Tessina, Robot, Minox... Polaroid 180 is the real user, a couple boxes of others. Contax II, III, IIa, IIIa. Voigtlander Prominent I and "1.5", Vitessa N, Vitessa T.

That's what happens when you buy a Pop Photo in 1970 and keep it. I read the Olden Camera ad.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't know there were so many different types of cameras! How, do you remember how to operate each one?

I have a Sony A55

It's easy to remember how to use these cameras- Load with film, set Shutter Speed, set Aperture, set Focus, frame and Shoot.

The Olympus EPL1 probably has more settings to remember than all of the classic cameras combined!

By knowing how they work.
Wow, I didn't know there were so many different types of cameras! How, do you remember how to operate each one?

It's a fair question. The first time I picked up a Vitessa N, found at an antique store: "Barn Doors and Toilet Plunger Film Advance".
That one took a while to figure out. Don't set the lens to minimum focus before advancing the film. It might jam.

Forgot the Rollei 35TE: advance the film before attempting to collapse the lens.

That's the great thing about old film camera's ... no menu to navigate through.
A couple of dials (maybe) and one button.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back