How many shutter activations???

Whats the point just shoot until it stops

All fine and dandy for the amateur / hobbyist / casual shooter. But pros need working gear to pay their bills.

I'm kinda afraid to find out my shutter count I'm sure it is at least in the 500K+ range, if I knew I would start worrying about my camera, I'm a bit of a nit like that!

Heh, heh. I just checked mine, and was surprised by how low it was, compared to what I had imagined it to be.

Heh, heh. I just checked mine, and was surprised by how low it was, compared to what I had imagined it to be.

Oh don't say that you are making me want to check and I fear I'm being very kind with my estimate...

Whats the point just shoot until it stops

All fine and dandy for the amateur / hobbyist / casual shooter. But pros need working gear to pay their bills.

When it stops use the backup simple or if you use 30 year old Leica's you dont have to worry but if your shooting pro you don't buy a hobby camera my first 1D must have over 300,000 and never stopped my 10D must have over 150,000 never stopped

No way, do you shoot every day ?

Yes, I'm insanely lucky to be able to shoot every day and I pretty much do unless I'm just not feeling it :)

When it stops, use the backup. Simple. Or if you use 30 year old Leica's you dont have to worry.

But if your shooting pro you don't buy a hobby camera. My first 1D must have over 300,000 and never stopped. My 10D must have over 150,000 never stopped.

Since your cameras never break, perhaps you can afford to buy a working keyboard.... one with operating Shift and punctuation keys. :er:

When it stops, use the backup. Simple. Or if you use 30 year old Leica's you dont have to worry.

But if your shooting pro you don't buy a hobby camera. My first 1D must have over 300,000 and never stopped. My 10D must have over 150,000 never stopped.

Since your cameras never break, perhaps you can afford to buy a working keyboard.... one with operating Shift and punctuation keys. :er:

**** that saving for Leica lenses

No way, do you shoot every day ?

Yes, I'm insanely lucky to be able to shoot every day and I pretty much do unless I'm just not feeling it :)

You won't be anywhere near 500,000, shooting 1000 every day for 18 months would just go over not even a pro would do that

Ok you might be right, not going to pay for eoscount but I just searched my archives for 0001 and 9999 and got 12 and 17 unique files left, I was horrible at first for not deleting files and gradually got way more ruthless so I'm going to say at least half of them would likely have been deleted. I'm seriously ball parking here lol

Oh and I shoot way more deliberately now than when I started so the flow has been ebbed substantially lol

EOScount is free. Just plug your camera in and open the site with windows explorer 32bit. Canon Shutter Count - EOSCount

I RTFMed and went through the motions and am getting payment options to get the count, it only says the serial number and that the count is available... I'm obviously doing it wrong!

EOScount is free. Just plug your camera in and open the site with windows explorer 32bit. Canon Shutter Count - EOSCount

I RTFMed and went through the motions and am getting payment options to get the count, it only says the serial number and that the count is available... I'm obviously doing it wrong!

I just went to the site to try myself. And it looks like they now have a structure free. Apologies. It used to be a free service! That sucks..

I know there was another windows utility that also worked. EOSinfo was the name if you're still curious.

Most reactions

Back